Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pcgamer Article. [U10 ,pvp, End Of Beta Info]

Kroul

Important part of the article is the last few paragraphs -

The team are currently focused on ironing out bugs with update 9 but update 10 promises a big expansion of dojos – clan-built arenas that can host PvP battles, new enemy types and colony types. “We have this really cool Tatooine, desert-type planet that the Grineer have settled on that we’ll be adding in the near future,” adds Sinclair. The dropping of the beta tag will likely coincide with a major update in the autumn.

The mention of dojo expansions prompts a final question – is Digital Extremes tempted to develop Warframe as an eSport? “We definitely are,” says Sinclair. But there is a reluctance to push the idea too hard as the community’s response to new players demanding PvP has generally been to tell them to get the hell out of a PvE game.

“We’ve started down that road a little bit. If a clan builds a duelling hall in their dojo they can have 1v1 competitions. Warframe is really fun to watch and we get a lot of eSports people saying ‘You guys got to boost some competition elements because players would love to play Warframe at our event’. So with a bit of reluctance and not as a dominant focus of the game we are going to continue to experiment with that but it’s certainly going to take a backseat to doing more of what’s successful in the game – new enemies, new locations and really servicing our PvE audience.”

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/07/19/warframe/

Im exited about those new enemy types. (New faction to fight against maybe???)

Edited by Kroul

Damn right!

Get the hell out of our precious baby pve game.

Coop and pve is what makes the core of this game fun.

If they persue a esport direction just for the sake of revenue....

I would be so disappointed. Because the moment that happens,

the focus WILL HAVE TO be on balancing balancing, whining, raging, bad community, etc.

The actual game content will take a backseat and slowdown.

Please don't T_T!

Nice catch. I don't think we'll be seeing a new faction with U10 though... Probably U11. Well, whichever MGU drops the Open Beta tags will bring the new faction I reckon.

Edited by Notso

esports lol lame

would be better to have a different version of the game that excludes modules and balances classes, like a pvp mode where you have different classes to choose etc than to try make the current game crossover as is to a pvp arena 

If this game becomes pvp focus because of esports i am out of this game. If i wanted a pvp game there are tons of option out there. All most all games nowadays are pvp/shooter. Pve is the one of the reasons i like this game. I hope they dont make me hate one of my favorite games that i spent both money and countless amount of time into.

I hope that was sarcasm.

That's realcasm!

I knew the move to PS4 was bad. It was bad because online games for the consoles only means PvP so this is where this game is going to head.

DE needs to think differently than that, DE needs to look at what Bungie is doing with Destiny. This game looks to be a massive dynamic PvE experience. This E-sport stuff better be Warframe MOA Racing.

No, definitely no need for speed, I do not want to see MOA-tuning and the horrid abominations it spawns.

It's enough with ambulas roided-legs, it can get much worse, imagine the stripes, the neon lights...

I'm drooling at the thought. I can't wait to pimp my very own moa.

To the people all gloom and doom about the PvP aspect, they could easily make it work and not have to go around balancing stuff if they made it so you have only 3 warframes to choose from or if everyone had the same powers. I'm not a big fan of the idea of PvP myself but there are several ways to make PvP in this game work without completely killing it.

eSports in Warframe? For the love of god.  No. NO!  This game isn't formatted for that and shoehorning it in would ruin this game.  I saw what eSports have done to PS2 and its community lets not have that here please.