Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Vor

NanoDecerto

After the 9.2 update, Vor is a lot easier to kill, but I still haven't gotten the Seer Blueprint. Perhaps someone is out to et me because I have killed him nearly 80 times over 2 days and I have never received a Seer BP. I get it, they made a new boss and they want us to fight him but killing him this many times isn't fun, its just bad gameplay. What really irks me though is his voice. I have to fight him so much, but he only has like 3 lines. I had to turn off voices i the settings because I was going to go insane if i hear "ORSEEGA" again. 

Side note: I don't want to hear about how you got every seer part in 3 runs. I swear, you even mention a rare item in this game and everyone and their mother claims they got it in less than ten runs, whether they actually did or not.

Edit for typo

Edited by NanoDecerto

It's a rare weapon and I hope it stays that way, besides it's not even worth it given how...mediocre it is.

P.S: I got it in 16 runs.

Yes I get that it's rare and the game needs rarity, but there needs to be a way to get it that isn't sheer repetition. It isnt hard, it isn't particularly fun, it was just a decision that could be implemented into the game QUICKLY instead of thinking about alternatives.

We have plenty of rare weapons... Latron Prime (stupid Receiver.....), and the new Prime Weapons.... I haven't seen a Braton Prime in-game yet.

And even then, we have lots of Nightmare-Only Mods for the special snowflakes to ooo and ahhh over.

Given the RNG and the rarity of the weapon parts...it's just insane. I've counted how many times I've killed Vor, 28, Roughly 10 were in nightmare mode. Not once have I gotten ANYTHING of the Seer. I understand it's supposed to be rare, but if it is going to be THIS rare, it should just drop the weapon, or hell get rid of the receiver and barrel parts that also have to drop for you to craft it. Having to farm him like 50 times to get one part, then remember you have to farm him another 50 times to get another part to drop, only for it to be THE SAME PART YOU ALREADY HAVE, is just frustrating.

It's not just Vor though, its also the void. 9 Latron Stocks, 18 Latron Barrel's and counting, no receiver. But on the plus side I have enough Reaper handles to make a reaper bo staff! But no blades. And enough friggin frost prime parts to have a full squad of frost primes...

Given the RNG and the rarity of the weapon parts...it's just insane. I've counted how many times I've killed Vor, 28, Roughly 10 were in nightmare mode. Not once have I gotten ANYTHING of the Seer. I understand it's supposed to be rare, but if it is going to be THIS rare, it should just drop the weapon, or hell get rid of the receiver and barrel parts that also have to drop for you to craft it. Having to farm him like 50 times to get one part, then remember you have to farm him another 50 times to get another part to drop, only for it to be THE SAME PART YOU ALREADY HAVE, is just frustrating.

It's not just Vor though, its also the void. 9 Latron Stocks, 18 Latron Barrel's and counting, no receiver. But on the plus side I have enough Reaper handles to make a reaper bo staff! But no blades. And enough friggin frost prime parts to have a full squad of frost primes...

I once did 3 Tier 2 Voids and 2 Tier 3 Voids in one night. Wanna know waht dropped?

Latron Prime Blueprint

Latron Prime Blueprint

Frost Prime Blueprint

Reaper Prime Handle

Latron Prime Stock

........I'm like "seriously? This is *bleeeeeep* that TIer ONE drops. Why am I getting Tier ONE drops in Tier *bleeeeeeeeeeeeeep*ing THREE!?!?!

Oh, and last night. 4 Tier 2 Keys, 3 Exterminates 1 raid.

Frost Prime Systems (I'm missing only helmet)

Latron Prime Blueprint (.........sigh)

Reaper Prime Handle (I have a fully made Reaper Prime in my inventory)

Reaper Prime Blueprint (at this point I'm about to kill somebody....)

Edited by Xylia

Super-rare items are good for the game because they ensure that not everyone's experience is the same and not everyone has everything. Like it or not, a gear-based game has to provide ground for a bit of elitism because for many people, becoming part of the "elite" is the whole point of playing.

The problem begins only when the "elite" items give too much of an advantage in gameplay, which thankfully doesn't seem to be the case with Seer. Although in the case of certain other hard-to-get items, one could dispute.

I agree that dropping weapons in parts can be annoying. But from the design point of view it could be considered the 'lesser evil' because it allows the game to give you something while keeping the weapon itself rare. Even redundant drops of the same part over and over can help sustain the farming as a whole because while not rewarding by themselves, they fuel the motivation and the hope of completing the weapon.

So while it could qualify as fake difficulty and padding, I doubt we'll stop seeing multi-part weapons in the future.

Edited by Winterbraid

Just killed a Lv3 Vor with a Mag 2, Burston 10, Hikou 9, and Skana Prime (lol) 9 or 10.

Not sure how they do the calculations now, but hey.

It was a bit of a long battle, but I didn't take any health damage. In fact, I did the whole mission without allowing anybody to trip the alarms.