Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Personal ideas for hydroid

(PSN)Etheral_Synergy

While the rework has only just hit nearly all the player base are still fully aware he is not very viable as a frame specifically in higher tier levels. While he can still be somewhat effective he faces the issue that compared to other frames he simply does not have the potential to kill faster or to more effectively crowd control a room. Personally I think this is due to the fact that he seems to be focused around some mess of trying to effectively mix crowd control with damage with his abilities seemingly focusing on half on half with each, which is a fine idea it was just not eexcused well. This brings up issues as you cannot build him effectively for either side of this spectrum except arguably crowd control but with all his current gear after crowd controlling the room it becomes a small marathon tying to shoot those enemies let alone kill them. And so I've gathered some idea's that may make him more effective.

1: give him treatment similar to excalibur and move tentacle swarm to the third ability slot removing undertow (before criticising the complete removal of the ability please read the entire post while I'm sure very few actually worry about its absence) while tempest barrage, tidal surge and tentacle swarm may still need tweaks they are viable abilities in my eyes at least. 

2: give him a 4th ability with the current work in progress name of "water form", while this ability is in effect energy will be drained and hydroid will turn completely to a humanoid mass of water or have another visual change to signify the ability is in use, during this ability crouching for a short period of time will activate an identical effect to undertow,  slam attacks will create a ripple of water that knocks over enemies similar to a radial tidal surge which has a base radius at level 30 at least 1.5x that of a standard slam attack, similar to 'weapon abilities' I.E exalted blade hydroid will lose the ability to use equipped weapons while this is active, hydroid will have the ability to fire sonicor esque projectiles that are effected by primary weapon mods with the explosion radius effected by range mods that areally visually similar to tempest barrage. The undertow effect and slam attacks will consume extra energy. This will allow hydroid to still hold crow control and damage aspects but be more effective at either or both.

3: tidal surge will not throw enemies rather they will be absorbed into the wave and be dropped in front of hydroid once the ability ends in a knocked down animation

4: tentacle swarm will repeatedly bash targets into the ground instead of flailing them around in an unshootable mess

5: while I am relatively happy with tempest barrage I do believe it could heavily benefit from better accuracy, seeking out targets better and maybe even have it function similar to world on fire where it follows hydroid rather than staying in a fixed position

Those are my ideas on what could make hydroid a more enjoyable and effective frame, feel free to leave your feedback and any additional changes.