Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Harpy

Xylia

I'm no artist, so... hopefully a description would do instead!

Earlier at work I was just musing over ideas during my idle time and then it hit me. We have Warframes that manipulate every element except Water and Wind. When I thought of Wind, I thought of birds... wait, Harpy!

Part #1: The design concept. Harpy would have wings on its back. Not huge ones that'd hinder the player's view or movement, but perhaps these wing frames that fold up against Harpy's back until they are needed. When needed, the wing frames extend, and energy wings appear, that have a vague feather-like appearance. She would totally be a Warframe that wears heels (kinda like Nova), or perhaps she has talons on her feet (like a bird of prey does). She would be a slender, and light-weight frame, her helmet would be one that is aerodynamic, perhaps with small "wings" along the sides of her head, so that she can tilt her head back and use her head as a steering mechanism in flight, it ought to look something like that.

Part #2: Harpy's Stats. I imagine Harpy would excel at moving through the air, but like most airborne birds, she is clumsy on land (again, she wears heels). I'm thinking a 0.95 sprint speed (just above Rhino). Her Lv1 starting stats would be 110 Shields, 75 Health and would end up having a bit more shields than health due to her body being lightweight and fragile. She'd also have 10 armor (like Ember and others). She'd have average energy maximums, on par with Excalibur and Rhino.

Part #3 (the part you're interested in most lol): Harpy's Powers.

Power #1: Homing Quills. Harpy extends her wings and fires a barrage of energy quills that seek the nearest targets and do moderate Armor-Ignore damage. 2/4/6/8 quills. Total damage should not exceed other Warframes' #1 powers.

Power #2: Flight. Harpy extends her wings making it impossible for her to sprint. While in this state, she can flap her wings to gain extra height and glide until she hits the ground again. Each press of the Jump Button will cause her to flap her wings, giving her an extra mid-air jump. Shooting guns while in this state will not cause her to dive. The power allows you to flap your wings 4/6/8/10 times. The power automatically wears off on the last wing flap and you will glide until you touch the ground (or other solid object). The wingflaps also distort the air around you, causing you to take 30% less damage while in the air (since you're an easy target for ranged weapons) until the power ends. Her other 3 powers may be cast while gliding.

Power #3: Choke. Harpy is able to manipulate the very air around her, turning her immediate surroundings into a vacuum, causing her foes to choke from the lack of air. This acts as a stun and causes minor health damage (bypassing shields). Robots and other non-organic foes are not stunned, but take minor damage from the vacuum.

Power #4: Tornado. Harpy extends her wings, flapping them vigorously to create a deadly funnel of wind around her. Foes caught in this are thrown backwards away from her and take higher damage over time the longer they remain in the funnel. Bullets fired into the funnel are thrown in random directions away from Harpy while debris flying around her deflects energy-type weapons from reaching her as well. If cast while gliding, Harpy hovers in midair during the casting of the power. The duration would be something like 4/6/8/10 seconds or something like that.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been thinking there should be a wind based warframe myself with all the other elements and types we have.  I think this is a good suggestion myself.  Though when I thought of it I thought more of someone that could sprint quickly, had low armor and had wind based attacks kind of like volt and ember.  Things like wind blades or creating a vacuum.  This is definately and interesting take though and I would love to see a warframe like this.  Since we don't have any actual flying warframes yet.  Though it may be difficult to add because it flies.  Would definately be one of a kind though and i think it would get a lot of attention if added.