Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to deal with RNG

BoomyGordo

The RNG gods are ancient and unbelievably **ckish when it comes to getting what you want. They wont give you things you are looking for, only when you are not looking for them.

But if you really want to increase your odds you are in luck as the eclipse is almost upon us. Travel to the US and find a seculded area in the path of totality. Bring with you five 20-sided dice, one 100-sided die, a large, purely black blanket, a kid (baby goat), a large quantity of red wax and a portable stove to heat the wax up, a plate, a knife. a lighter, a pencil, and a piece of paper.

Bring all these items to the spot of your choice, this spot MUST  be in the path of totality (the path that the moon will fully block out the sun). Lay the black blanket out flat on the ground. Heat the red wax, and use it to draw a pentagram on the blanket, try and draw it as perfect as possible.

Next, get your 20 sided dice and roll all 5 at once until one lands the numbers 1-5. place what ever one landed on one of those numbers on its appropriate point on the pentagram, starting at the top point and going clockwise around. Repeat this till all 5 have landed on a number and are in place.

Now comes the important part. You must write the exact name of the item or items you want, (be aware that each additional item you write decreases the effect) on the paper. Your writing must be clear and legible. Place the plate in the center of the pentagram and place the paper on the place. Use the lighter to set it on fire and let it burn till the paper has turned entirely to ash. repeat this 5 times, burning each paper on the same plate.

After this is done wait for the eclipse to happen, When the sun is completely blocked out by the moon and the sky has gone dark, slash the kid's (baby goat, not human child) neck and let the blood  drip onto the plate. You may discard the carcass after the plate is covered with blood.

Mix the blood and ash together into a paste and use this paste to coat the 100-sided die with. Hold the 100-sided die with both hands above your head and recite the following in a loud and clear voice:

"I, <your name>, humbly offer this sacrifice to the old gods of entropy in hopes of obtaining favor in my quest for <item name here>."

After saying this you must kneel next to the plate, and roll the dice upon the plate. Note what number it landed on, because that is the number of times you must now grind for the item you seek. If you should grind that number of times and still not get the item you wish, then you messed up the ritual and instead of pleasing the rng gods you have angered them and will never see the item you want again.

Edited by --Shadow-Stalker--

Good thing my grandfather keeps goats. All I have to do is take a short drive to the village and...

Wait, US only?

Boo I say, boo! No ancient god of entropy would be so picky and downright unfair.

PS: He actually keeps goats, I'm not kidding. He also used to keep bees and I helped him with that.

23 hours ago, BeeOverlord said:

Good thing my grandfather keeps goats. All I have to do is take a short drive to the village and...

Wait, US only?

Boo I say, boo! No ancient god of entropy would be so picky and downright unfair.

PS: He actually keeps goats, I'm not kidding. He also used to keep bees and I helped him with that.

not US only. US is just where the closest total eclipse is happening