Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Difficulty

Hanech

The dificulty that you're used to is still available, try choosing missions based on enemy level instead of the name. If you were comfortable with old Ceres, try the high end of new Saturn, it's about the same. Ceres, Eris and Pluto are now higher level than anything seen before, but you don't have to play them, besides the 'frames you get from there, nothing you get is unique to that region.

All the new difficulty spread is make a wider range of difficulty available to the player base. Play missions at the level you are used to or that you are comfortable with.

Edited by TheHeraldXII

Bullet sponges are bad design.  Always have been, always will be.  It's lazy, it's tedious for the players and it's 'fake difficulty'.

But they aren't.

Enemies turn into serious bullet sponges only from about level 100 on. Enemies below that level are still very much 1-2-hit material to high-damage guns (that is, about every gun with proper mods) and proper shooting.

But they aren't.

Enemies turn into serious bullet sponges only from about level 100 on. Enemies below that level are still very much 1-2-hit material to high-damage guns (that is, about every gun with proper mods) and proper shooting.

Just use Ogris or Snidal/Lanka. Problem solved.

Also: Sobek, Hek, Latron (and Prime), Boltor, Seer, or even the goddamned Lex.

And that's only weapons with which you don't even have any chance to run out of ammo. If I start listing bullet-hoses (with those you can run out of ammo, but that's why you're taking two guns and one melee for a mission), that'll be pretty much the whole weapons list save for poor MK-1 Braton.

But they aren't.

Pretty much this, when we get to level 70 goons, my moderately well modded Braton kills enemies faster than the Mk-1 kills 1st level enemies, so really high levels aren't that spongalicious.

I think the op used dark colored text like that because he didn't want you to read his post. It's pretty much a joke to call Warframe a difficult game. If you think Warframe is hard, go play Quake III: Arena. Do a bot match and set the difficulty to nightmare mode. I'm not kidding. The bots will feed you rockets for breakfast, then rape and defile the remains of your gibbed corpse. 

snippity snippity

You have a Boltor. You waste too many bullets, then. Now I question your aim, or your mod loadout. Boltor is one of the best rifle in the game, armor ignore is invaluable.

If you tell me because your mods are too low of a level, then be prepared to spend some cores on them. Back in the day, I could hold my own on old xini with a level 9 Braton w/ hellfire, spraying and praying into the horde. No, this game doesn't take that much skills.

You have a Boltor. You waste too many bullets, then. Now I question your aim, or your mod loadout. Boltor is one of the best rifle in the game, armor ignore is invaluable.

If you tell me because your mods are too low of a level, then be prepared to spend some cores on them. Back in the day, I could hold my own on old xini with a level 9 Braton w/ hellfire, spraying and praying into the horde. No, this game doesn't take that much skills.

1. My aim is constantly at the end of missions put at a 80 - 90% average

2. My mod loadout could possibly be a problem because I don't have it potatoed to 60, as well I don't have multishot, I do however have serration to +60%; hellfire to + 45%; cryo rounds to +45%; and piercing hit +30%, I did the best that I could with my availaible mod slots and my last 2 mods are ammo drum and fast hands.

3. my boltor as well absolutely WRECKS the enemy I can kill atleast 5-15 enemys in one clip depending on difficulty, however as my original post goes back to I still find that enemies absorb most of my shots and with the amount of them coming at me I quickly lose almost all of my ammo in just the first few rooms of a mission, this is more prominent on grineer missions though.

with the amount of enemies spawning in one section combined with how some of the enemies just eat my bullets for breakfast, I feel that enemies especially in later missions are to much of bullet sponges especially in solo play. Bullet sponges are never a good way to increase difficulty, it's artificial and not fun, and I personally uphold it as one of the three great gaming sins right up along with bad UI, and hand holding of the player.

the bullet sponge enemies need to be fixed or at the very least take it away but give them gimmicks to be able to kill them differently than just point and shoot, sorta like shooting the tank on kril's back to get him into a mode that you can injure.

Edited by impulse42

"Just use the event-exclusive or Mastery 7 weapons to get through mid-high level content. Problem solved."

Doesn't that sound ridiculous to you?

But they aren't.

ggt2pszs.d5y.png

Dunno, 2k HP by lv 35 sounds pretty damn spongey to me. An Ogris with maxed mods will take at least two shots to drop that thing. Then at around 53 or so they have literally twice as much health.

Edited by Kyte

ITT:

"Oh come on, as long as you have weapons geared for fighting endgame content the non-endgame content's easy!"

Yeah, this is a common silly argument. However a Braton can solo everything from Mercury to Pluto with the mods you pick up on the way. Still, they need to make the early game scaling a bit gentler. It's a bit much to have to fight level 35-45 enemies for certain resources.

This has been discussed a thousand times over, what needs to be done is the difficulty scaled for how you choose to play, like what most other online games do, if you go in Solo, then the difficulty should be scaled for that, as well as for group play. NUFF said. Read the tons of posts on the forums, regarding the difficulty since the release of U9. Personally, I'm also sick of the "hardcore player's" with your immature comments saying things like 'l2playnoob"...grow up..as your not helping at all. There are many types of players out there the vast majority are casual players, I've been playing since before U7 and the game has gotten ridiculous in terms of difficulty, but it doesn't mean I can't play it or anybody else, it just means that for a game to be successful you have to target every kind of player, not just one type.  

This has been discussed a thousand times over, what needs to be done is the difficulty scaled for how you choose to play, like what most other online games do, if you go in Solo, then the difficulty should be scaled for that, as well as for group play. NUFF said. Read the tons of posts on the forums, regarding the difficulty since the release of U9. Personally, I'm also sick of the "hardcore player's" with your immature comments saying things like 'l2playnoob"...grow up..as your not helping at all. There are many types of players out there the vast majority are casual players, I've been playing since before U7 and the game has gotten ridiculous in terms of difficulty, but it doesn't mean I can't play it or anybody else, it just means that for a game to be successful you have to target every kind of player, not just one type.  

agreed, I think DE should take notes as to how the Borderland's series scales enemies for solo or groups. when solo in Borderlands there is enough challenge to bite at you but not to much to where you feel overwhelmed.

Similarly when you're in groups in borderlands for each person that joins in you get more enemies that are all higher levels, and again because of the extra people and fire power added the extra difficulty with more people feels welcomed and at the same time not overwhelming.