Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sobek And Number Of Impact Bullets Not Coherent

S3riaL

I dont know for you guys but with my sobek with 120% multi shot I can see only 6 impact so 3 bullets per shot.

Can you  confirm this bug please

EDIT: in fact yes I SEE only 6 impact on wall but on fraps with actual foe i can see 9 numbers so thats means 9 bullets so this mod does actually works fine

I think what they did with multishot, cuz I remember this issue being brought up with people thinking bronco was nerfed on its pellets, is..
Multishot doesn't show your spread on walls anymore, because each extra shot is doubled up on the one that was calculated on the percentage to spawn it. Like..
In order for multishot to not affect the outcome of actual firing and making itself technically worse for aiming just due to its own existence (spread madness), say theres 8 shots all flying at once. each spawns one bullet, some spawn a third, but all are.. within each other. Thus raising their own damage and activation of elements on the hit that they land, but they fly no different from each other, so looking at the wall, you see the 100% PERFECT point at which they all landed. Each of the 8 bullets and their multishot babies all hit the point on the wall together, so you couldnt tell. But hitting the enemies, you get damage numbers. So you can tell the bullets still existed. 
There's the gun Dera where multishot makes the bullets overlap perfectly too, so you cant see multishot work until the shots land with that either.
If i made that a bit confusing, I apologize.

Edited by S3riaL

Its the 20% value. Here is how it works;

When having a 100% multi shot, you will always shoot 2 bullets.

When having a 90% multi shot, you will shoot shoot 2 bullets 9/10 times. So for every ten times you fire, 9 shots will be 2 bullets.

When having a 120% multi shot, you will always shoot 2 bullets every shot, but every fifth time you fire your gun, you will fire 3 bullets. So 1/5 shots becomes a triple shot, with 100% of all shots firing at least 2 bullets.

Also, percent values cannot be proc'd. By that, I mean it is not guaranteed on the 20% value. You MAY in five shots fire 3 bullets five times. It's all RNG on the percentage front so when I say you will shoot 3 bullets 1/5 times, that's an average value over say, 20,000 times you fire. If I'm wrong here on this someone let me know.

Edited by mhigh

so what the point of multishot seriously on something like Strun ?

EDIT: so If i summary here there is no point of putting multishot at 120% on sobek I should just go for 100% ...

Edited by S3riaL

It is one additional round only for all weapons. It is not a multiplier, but an additive value whereas it is increased by one, not multiplied by two.

except on shotguns I believe where it doubles the pellet count at 100% multishot.

Sobek fires 4 pellets, so 120% Multishot would bump it up to 8 pellets with a 20% chance for a 9th pellet.

thanks dude finnally one that speak to my heart ^^

EDIT : So this need a fix or not ? Question stay is it a bug or not ?

Edited by S3riaL

thanks dude finnally one that speak to my heart ^^

EDIT : So this need a fix or not ? Question stay is it a bug or not ?

Uh, my BOAR shoots 6 pellets, but with 120% multishot I still see 6 points of impact. So I guess it is a bug.

Its the 20% value. Here is how it works;

When having a 100% multi shot, you will always shoot 2 bullets.

When having a 90% multi shot, you will shoot shoot 2 bullets 9/10 times. So for every ten times you fire, 9 shots will be 2 bullets.

When having a 120% multi shot, you will always shoot 2 bullets every shot, but every fifth time you fire your gun, you will fire 3 bullets. So 1/5 shots becomes a triple shot, with 100% of all shots firing at least 2 bullets.

Also, percent values cannot be proc'd. By that, I mean it is not guaranteed on the 20% value. You MAY in five shots fire 3 bullets five times. It's all RNG on the percentage front so when I say you will shoot 3 bullets 1/5 times, that's an average value over say, 20,000 times you fire. If I'm wrong here on this someone let me know.

Dude im totally agree with this but on Rifle multishot, here I'm talking about Shotgun multishot.

I will be really shock to know that those two different mods works exactly the same way ...

Yes, sorry, my mistake. I looked into it, if your sobek is not firing x2 pellets all the time, I think it's a bug. The wording does state that it fires 120% of pellets per shot. So it does work differently. My mistake.

Im going to fraps this to watch with 1/4 speed

EDIT: I just did and in fact the 120%multi shot DOES work I shoted 9 bullets so its the impact in the wall that got bugged somehow.

EDIT2: I changed the title of this thread.

Clearly impact from shotgun are not right and need fixing and I think if we go deeper into this problem the mod that get nerfed because of this bug is the PUNCTURE mod.
Let me explain a little more, I think that those impact is the only thing that actually COUNT for Puncture mod.

I need to check this but that could explain a lot why when you shot with two monster in front of you with good angle and stuff you dont one shot them both ...

Edited by S3riaL

I think what they did with multishot, cuz I remember this issue being brought up with people thinking bronco was nerfed on its pellets, is..
Multishot doesn't show your spread on walls anymore, because each extra shot is doubled up on the one that was calculated on the percentage to spawn it. Like..
In order for multishot to not affect the outcome of actual firing and making itself technically worse for aiming just due to its own existence (spread madness), say theres 8 shots all flying at once. each spawns one bullet, some spawn a third, but all are.. within each other. Thus raising their own damage and activation of elements on the hit that they land, but they fly no different from each other, so looking at the wall, you see the 100% PERFECT point at which they all landed. Each of the 8 bullets and their multishot babies all hit the point on the wall together, so you couldnt tell. But hitting the enemies, you get damage numbers. So you can tell the bullets still existed. 
There's the gun Dera where multishot makes the bullets overlap perfectly too, so you cant see multishot work until the shots land with that either.

Das lame. =/ My BOAR relied on the spread of the extra pellets to hit targets at a longer range.