The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Issues With Screen Freezing/disconnecting

ExtremistLine

Hey there all. I'm really enjoying update 9 dispite all the bugs and issues, but there is an issue I've been having near constantly that's causing the game to be unplayable.

What happens is that randomly while I'm in a game, my screen will freeze up. Everything will stop moving, audio usually stops except for the music, ect. This usually lasts for anywhere from 1 second, to 15 or 20 seconds. I've noticed that is I'm in a multiplayer game, and the freezing lasts for about 5 seconds or less, I stay connected. The problem is that it usually lasts longer. If it lasts more than 5 seconds while I'm in a multiplayer game, I disconnect from the game. Sometimes when I re-join, it plays as normal, sometimes it freezes again and I disconnect again. My friends say that while my screen is frozen, my character is stuck running in place.

Sometimes after a freeze, my game runs really slowly and tends to mess up. Other times, after a few freezes, it stops happening and I can play the game normally. Also worth noting is if this happens in a solo game, everything's fine after the freeze, I don't disconnect or anything.

When the freeze happens is random. Just this morning, me and my friend attempted a void run, with me hosting. Literally about 5 seconds after loading in, a freeze happened and I disconnected. I made another game and we played for about 10 minutes before another freeze caused me to disconnect again.

Originally we thought this was a computer issue. I play Leauge of Legends and sometimes get these screen freezing issues too, though in that game it doesn't cause me to disconnect. I checked and found out I was having some fan issues causing my computer to heat up. We fixed this morning, but I'm still getting freezing.

Any help on this would be really appreciated, thanks.

Hi ExtremistLine,

Judging by your wording I assume that this been something that you have only just experienced since Update 9 was released? Also, just to verify, does League of Legends still freeze since you fixed your fan problem?

The fact that the freezing is so timing specific gives me the impression that this is something that would be much easier to nail down with the help of an EE log.

If you wouldn't mind then could you please submit a support ticket with a copy of your EE log as well as your DxDiag?

Tickets can be submitted here: http://support.warframe.com/

Ideally it would be best if you used an EE log that was retrieved immediately after you have had the freezing occur.

Your EE.log can be found at the following location:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Warframe

To retrieve your dxdiag simply follow these steps:
1. Hold down Win + R
2. Type "dxdiag" and click "OK" 
3. Click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice 

Thanks a lot.

Ok, I sent the two logs in a support ticket. Had a hard time finding the EE log since I'm on XP and I think that location was for Windows 7. Also to answer your questions:

"Judging by your wording I assume that this been something that you have only just experienced since Update 9 was released?"

Yes, this only started happening after update 9.

"Also, just to verify, does League of Legends still freeze since you fixed your fan problem?"

I played a game the other day and I still had some screen freezing. Lasted about...10-15 seconds.

Thanks again for your time and sorry it took so long to reply.