The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Red Crits deal less?

(PSN)Fen_Integrum

Been playing around with Nami Skyla Prime, and first off: can we get a Skyla solo please?

2nd, and actually to the point: for ages I have consistently seen red crits  deal less damage than yellow crits. At first I figured it was a fluke, and let it be, but I've been going over some footage, and I'm certain I am seeing correctly. I'm dealing around 1700 on an orange crit, but only around 150 on red crits. 

My critical multiplier is at 1.5 right now, so it should be a net positive. 

Is there some way that the weapon stats can better reflect the damage it will deal? Because when I see only 150 ish damage, which is the same as my base slash damage, it gets me wondering if the numbers I'm seeing are wrong, or if the games math is screwed.

HMU.

What you're seeing isn't a fluke, but the Red Crits aren't actually dealing less damage. You may have a base stat 1.5x Multiplier on the weapon, but that only applies to Yellow Crits, Orange or Red Crits add on to this multiplier, so even if the number is smaller, the damage output is still higher than a Normal Crit.

You can read up on how the Crit system works here.

I played around with crit build atterax. Red crits always deal more damage than yellow crits.

Tested against a Corruptrd Bombard Eximus level 150.

Yellow - 12 damage

Red - 123 damage

However, I was able to get yellow crit slash procs at around 2.2 k damage per tic.