Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rivens, dont touch them ever.

Fallen_Echo

skipping alot of this cuz i got bored ill toss in my ignorant 2 cents

Rivens should be adjusted constantly to fit with the "popularity" stage. otherwise we will just become stale and everyone will just be using scoliac instead of any other weapon

also high despo rivens should really have weak negatives....because to often will a good roll for a unwanted weapon be ruined because of something obnoxious liek -150% flight speed or -150% dmg.

if rivens are ment to be used for unpopular eapons (many of which arnt bad and are just not flavor) then all rivens would be would mandatory mods. Rivens are spose to be here with the idea and understanding that there stats are based on weapon popularty. honestly DE need to make riven passes more often so there will be LESS people with issues when there top tier god soma riven gets nerfed. because everyone would have an understanding that rivens are basically (fundamentally?) living evolving mods.

6 hours ago, Shockwave- said:

but DE has substituted popularity for power. They have basically said that it is not good if a weapon is used by too many people and they will have to take action to force the player base to use other weapons because apparently DE's feelings get hurt if their other weapons are not being used. We have seen this with Simulor/Tonkor and other nerfs. We have seen this with the attemp on Carrier's life.

Rivens exist for the SOLE purpose of making players use weapons they don't want to use or haven't chosen to use. The entire goal of rivens is that players do not use the same weapon. Riven dispositions exist specifically so that players do not all flock to the same weapons. Ergo - if, because of rivens, a weapon that was no popular becomes too popular, DE MUST nerf the riven disposition, or else anyone with a low disposition weapon will have a valid case to complain to DE. The only reason simulor, Soma,  and tonkor are low disosition in the first place is becase they were "too popular" it would be patently unfair to allow a weapon with high disposition to become super popular and not lower its dispostion, given that rivens exist only to balance how much weapons are used.

Those are some conspiracy theories. The Tonkor was a glitch abuse, not genius modding. Everyone knew that. The Simulor was probably mostly because players were complaining about its interaction with Mirage 24/7.

Riven don't force anyone to not use meta weapons. The Strun with a godlike riven is a smudge better than a Tigris Prime. Not worth it, except if you love the strun or get a strun riven by chance.

So they are a lot better than nerfing meta weapons. Are they better than buffing S#&$ weapons? No.

2 hours ago, Ordosan said:

skipping alot of this cuz i got bored ill toss in my ignorant 2 cents

Rivens should be adjusted constantly to fit with the "popularity" stage. otherwise we will just become stale and everyone will just be using scoliac instead of any other weapon

also high despo rivens should really have weak negatives....because to often will a good roll for a unwanted weapon be ruined because of something obnoxious liek -150% flight speed or -150% dmg.

if rivens are ment to be used for unpopular eapons (many of which arnt bad and are just not flavor) then all rivens would be would mandatory mods. Rivens are spose to be here with the idea and understanding that there stats are based on weapon popularty. honestly DE need to make riven passes more often so there will be LESS people with issues when there top tier god soma riven gets nerfed. because everyone would have an understanding that rivens are basically (fundamentally?) living evolving mods.

They should have been dinamic since the begining, with this manual switching we will have a trash weapon useable for a year than useless for another one.

Also i agree that that high penalty on strong dispo weapons shouldnt exist.

2 hours ago, BlueberryIsWar said:

Those are some conspiracy theories. The Tonkor was a glitch abuse, not genius modding. Everyone knew that. The Simulor was probably mostly because players were complaining about its interaction with Mirage 24/7.

Riven don't force anyone to not use meta weapons. The Strun with a godlike riven is a smudge better than a Tigris Prime. Not worth it, except if you love the strun or get a strun riven by chance.

So they are a lot better than nerfing meta weapons. Are they better than buffing S#&$ weapons? No.

And meanwhile the simulor is still the #1 weapon choice for mirage.

DE should have already start to buff up the underused gear or make it clear that they are weak because of their mastery rank and make an upgraded high mastery version of them.

To me i treat Riven Mod as items for me to make more different type of builds so no matter how good/bad the Riven mod is i will still use it... I know good Riven mod can sell more plat and alot dun like bad Riven Mod but that make the games more challenge and choices..

On 9/11/2017 at 2:31 AM, BlueberryIsWar said:

DE literally said changing vacuum was because everyone used carrier and that other content (sentinels) were being ignored. DE literally said the same thing about Rivens being for the sole purpose fo getting players to use content that was being underused. That's not a conspiracy theory,  it is DE's stated position that they want content to be used.