Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Feel Out Of A Job As Frost

WhiteCopain

Vauban for Infested.

Frost for Grineer/Corpus.

Remember, Snow Globe eats bullets. Vauban's anti-grav whatever doesn't.

exactly!

The vaubans bastille is awsome at crowd controlling a bunch of mobs in one space....frost bubble however defends against range mobs (grineer/corpus) giving team time to clear them. I also LOVE my Frost and Frost prime....they are definately not a lost cause. Even skills 1 and 2 are very useful when used in right situation. Wave clears a group of charging mobs very well, while a well placed freeze on a knock down corpus / grineer/ or boss is super useful. However some new skills will make it more interesting....or maybe dont make so many bosses so resistant to his freeze.

Frost is one of the only frames that can easliy solo just about any boss as well...

Yeah Frost is fine however i think he could do for a damage buff of some kind so he's not ENTIRELY utility (which got nerfed, revert that) and defense.

A damage buff would be so bad ... ultra bad.

A frost can kill nearly everyone with an ice wave on pvp. Just op, instakill at the start of every round

A damage buff would be so bad ... ultra bad.

A frost can kill nearly everyone with an ice wave on pvp. Just op, instakill at the start of every round

This game should NOT be balanced around pvp; at the moment it is just something fun to do in the game.

1 for power ice spike, it would be like ash shuruken, but only one would be throwed, maybe it would debuff enemy which would make it bleed or slow it

or like people suggesting aoe

4 power  radial freeze it would be something like rihino stomp,  but it would freeze everyone in radius for 3/5/7 sec, and damage it something like 500/750/1000

other one's is good they do a job, maybe ice wave would be more wider and maybe it would freeze smaller enemy,

ice globe is good it never was bad it get job done maybe if it would be moved to 4 it would be same, but it would not let enemy come in,  enemy which would be inside when casted freeze)

Frost's Snowglobe is OP, clearing enemy fire, boss DPS, etc. You probably just don't pick the right enemies. Let Vauban take care of Infested, you take care of Corpus/Grineer.

Frost is OP ( :( ), just learn how and when to use it :)

Plus, nobody plays Volt anymore xD Snowglobe took him out of need, just as well as Nova's Wormhole

Frost is op? I don't believe you noticed rhino or ember.

I don't think the purpose of the OP was to say "snow globe sucks compared to Bastille" but to point out the fact that vauban has more than Bastille in his CC tool kit to deal with enemies (ex. vortex).

As I stated in another thread, I would like to see frost's skills geared more toward crowd control than outright damage.

Give freeze an AOE radius and take away the break when shooting frozen enemies.  Make Ice wave a Cone AOE instead of a line; make the slow last significantly longer.  Give Avalanche a slight damage buff and a lasting freeze for any enemies that survive the damage.

Those changes would turn Frost into the CC machine he was meant to be.

Indeed, everything except Snow Globe is useless (any survivors of Ice Wave or Avalanche make it a waste of energy) which is why I've shelved my Frost until he gets his long-overdue buff (which is, annoyingly, also the time that I finally got the Frost Prime Systems blueprint!).

who cares if people don't want to xini with you in a frost, it's easy enough to solo. I use stretch for it and the infested come up to my globe then stop leaving me plenty of time to either use orthos or jump attacks with reaper prime. the ancients are so slow their attacks become a joke and in the large globe i have plenty of space to take them down with despair. 

If you are doing it to see how high a wave you can get to then that's a different story.

who cares if people don't want to xini with you in a frost, it's easy enough to solo. I use stretch for it and the infested come up to my globe then stop leaving me plenty of time to either use orthos or jump attacks with reaper prime. the ancients are so slow their attacks become a joke and in the large globe i have plenty of space to take them down with despair. 

If you are doing it to see how high a wave you can get to then that's a different story.

The point of the OP is saying that currently snow globe is frost's only good ability; so you are basically solidifying that point by not mentioning any other skills that you use in conjunction with snow globe.

The point of the OP is saying that currently snow globe is frost's only good ability; so you are basically solidifying that point by not mentioning any other skills that you use in conjunction with snow globe.

i use freeze on solo boss runs and avalanche if I get swarmed (sometimes takes a couple)

ice wave is a waste of space

Yep, Frost and Vauban are best buddies in defence (non infested). If they added some sort of ranged monster to infested enemies then Frost would have more purpose again, but as of now Vauban is king of Xini.

WhiteCopain Don't feel bad, I have a Vauban and trust me I feel safer when a Frost is on my team.  On later waves both defenses are absolutely necessary, specially when energy starts running low.  If a teammate takes an unexpected dive, you throw an ice globe on them and revive.  It may seem your job is being taken away but in a way it is better, I have seen many frosties that get bored of sitting around on the pod.  This gives you a chance to move around a bit more and become a bit more offensive as well as Defensive and in Grineer/Corpus missions and T2/T3 defense your skills are a must have.

Your job is to use snowglobe repeatedly and indefinitely until victory is achieved, occasionally shooting things from inside the globe as the game progresses.

This job is still in high demand for defense missions. The job market is wide open. What do you mean you feel out of a job?

Eh, only thing I'd change is Frost not being a one trick pony by making his 1 an actually pretty useful utility (they could also make his ult freeze enemies AFTER the animation like it does in the Dojo for like 5 seconds, would fit the name "Avalanche" ever so slightly more)

Edited by Haids