Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rare Mat Drop Nerf?

unmog

Maybe it has something to do with the bug I heard about where all the rares were dropping like commons, and commons were dropping like rares. But when I go to farm morphics on Mars/War I dont get a single one, just salvage and galium. Before people say "RNG" I say bullcrap, because I used to get 2-5 morphics each run before, and I just did more than 10 runs and didn't get a single one. I also farmed both Phorid and Hek for 2 hours and didn't get a single neurode.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Haven't tried to farm control modules but I heard apparently that was buffed to ridiculous levels. I plan to try a few runs and see what I get even though I really just need some freaking Neurodes for my new banshee helm...

The reason Im making this post is someone told me they heard somewhere that a lot of the drops got bugged or something. I was hoping it would have been fixed by now but Im guessing not? Can someone who might know or has been checking the forums recently tell me more about what I missed earlier considering bugged drop rates?

Edited by unmog

Oh look, one of these threads again. You accept that there has been a change, but refuse the possibility of it being RNG because of how it was before. 

Some people think it's DE going for a money grab with Platinum-purchased components, but they're not so desperate for money that they'll screw over the community, unlike some other Publisher/Developers (Cough PWE Cough). I believe they partially changed some drop tables while heading towards a complete overhaul and that's upset the entire system. Don't take that as gospel, though.

Oh look, one of these threads again. You accept that there has been a change, but refuse the possibility of it being RNG because of how it was before. 

Yea, I accept it was changed, Im asking to see if anyone else is experiencing the same problem I am to discover if the rates were indeed lowered.

Some people think it's DE going for a money grab with Platinum-purchased components, but they're not so desperate for money that they'll screw over the community, unlike some other Publisher/Developers (Cough PWE Cough). I believe they partially changed some drop tables while heading towards a complete overhaul and that's upset the entire system. Don't take that as gospel, though.

I wouldn't put it past them, I know for a fact they purposefully fudge people's log in rewards to give discounts on plat in hopes more people will spend money after all. But I'm thinking the same thing, I think during that time where drop rates were bugged, when they "fixed" it they might have made some materials impossibly hard... whether its on purpose or not though I dunno.

There's no way you got 2-5 morphics per run, except for when there was the bug that was around for 2 days.

I guess you didnt run war then. Im not talking about the bug that happened for a couple days, I wasnt around for it. I'll explain more below when I answer fatpig

You had your chance to stock up.

Now it is back to U8 days :)

Im speaking of U8 days actually, just break all the containers in War/Mars and youd get morphics, it dropped at an uncommon rate since it was only Galium, Salvage and Morphics. Most of the time ya get salvage, some of the time ya get morphics, rarely ya get galium. Sgt Nef Anyo would usually drop morphics instead of galium as well.

So back on target, have any of you ran mars/war recently? Getting any morphics? How much now? Anyone else having a hell of a time getting neurodes? Were the drop rates nerfed in general?

Again, just so everyone is aware, Im not talking about the day when the drop rates were bugged/fixed. Im refering to before U9.

Edited by unmog

Imo, the only materials that have truly broken drop rates are the Plastids. I only get like, 20 Plastids every 4-5 or so Wave 10 runs on Xini, sometimes even less, out of the dozens of mats that do drop.

Im not having any trouble getting plastids, I suggest doing uranus.

Control Mods are still raining, I'm not even having to try to farm them, I get them doing other stuff.

Neurodes are making me want to pull my hair out.  Trying to build the Sobek, but I can't get enough Neurodes.

Haven't seen a rare ore drop(well, one orokin cell, if that counts) since they "fixed" the drop swap. They had announced that they changed drop rates, so I thought the "bug" was the new normal, and didn't stockpile.

I've been killing bosses in areas that should drop them to no avail, and at farmy rates, so, I can't say it's from lack of trying.

• 1 month later...

Resources for sale is a cash grab plain and simple no denying it. Now i'm not saying they shouldn't make money and tbh don't really care that they are available on market, what does bug me is the item requirement 10 orokin cells for this 10 for that and super rare drop rate is ridiculous.

In my opinion if they are going to be super rare, drop that 10 requirement to 1 and jack up platinum cost per, or up the drop rates a bit.  I enjoy running all the zones for mats, but it gets old fast when you've been running missions for days and days and haven't seen one rare drop.

Only primes require 10 cells.

Also, way to necro a thread from a month ago.

Well i want to build those primes, reactors, catalyst, alt2 helms, and so on.  And if its still a problem from a month ago it definitely needs looking at.

Well i want to build those primes, reactors, catalyst, alt2 helms, and so on.  And if its still a problem from a month ago it definitely needs looking at.

Let me guess. You're one of them people that rushes the boss, kills no enemies, doesn't open any containers, and rushes the objectives(boss->extraction nothing else) and then complains that no rares dropped. I love you people, you make me smile, you complain that the resources are too rare, because you got 0 between 3 runs, while I collected 12 because I went exploring....oh and you yelled at me for exploring, because the bosses are clearly the best place to get the drop from, so you need to spam rush him as fast as possible right?

Silly people are silly.

Let me guess. You're one of them people that rushes the boss, kills no enemies, doesn't open any containers, and rushes the objectives(boss->extraction nothing else) and then complains that no rares dropped. I love you people, you make me smile, you complain that the resources are too rare, because you got 0 between 3 runs, while I collected 12 because I went exploring....oh and you yelled at me for exploring, because the bosses are clearly the best place to get the drop from, so you need to spam rush him as fast as possible right?

Silly people are silly.

That guess would be wrong, I do not rush, i loot every container i see. Orokin Cells are simply not dropping for me, i understand RNG can be cruel but this is going on a longtime now and with the recent adjustments its not outrageous to think something could be off.