Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is A Mod?

ChaoticVideos

Question

What is a mod?

230410_screenshots_2013-03-26_00007-650x

That's a mod.

Enemies and special containers drop mods, they are used to maximize your characters potential and weapons potential, there are many types of mods Common, Uncommon, and Rare each harder to find then the next, they come in many different forms such as agility boosts, damage boost, health increase, etc.

These mods are extremely important , as they now grant your gear all of their buffs. Any damage increases, rate of fire increases, and so on, to the more interesting mods like burstshot and elemental damage, come directly from an associated mod.

230410_screenshots_2013-03-26_00002-650x

Each mod is worth so many points, and your items level determines its mod capacity. If you try to equip more than you have the capacity to afford, well, it won’t work. Orokin Cores can be used to increase your mod capacity greatly.

To upgrade a mod, you must use the fusion process. While you can use a fusion core to do this, the return on your investment makes it hard to recommend. You will be spending around four times as many credits to fuse a mod with several fusion cores in order to level it up, whereas fusing that same mod with a duplicate would cost you only 400 credits and level it up faster than the cores would. If possible, only fuse using duplicates. You should keep in mind that the cost will increase as the mod levels, so even with duplicate mods, you will start paying more eventually. By level 4 or 5, you’ll see too little return on your investment to make it worthwhile anymore.

Finally, some mods have an icon in the top left right corner of their card. As you may have noticed, your mod slots may also have icons in the top left right corner. If a mod with a matching icon is placed in these slots, it will take up less points, allowing you to put more powerful/expensive mods overall on your gear. The reverse is also true, so try not to mismatch icons. This really can make a difference.

This is just a guide I am using for some of my fellow clan members to help them out original post about this and all credit is do to " http://guidescroll.com/2013/04/warframe-farming-and-progression-guide/"

Edited by EKAF

12 answers to this question

please stop this...

your trying to help, and thats nice, but your doing it wrong.

you said you were trying to cut back on how much your clan mates need to click various links and all... by making them click loads of links, when they could have just clicked 1 and gained all the info you have spread over multiple threads/links.

op, your logic is broken, please stop.

Is it wrong that my response to the question is:

Someone who'll hopefully stop these spam threads...

Not very nice of me i know, but it's a bit frustrating having a thread where i've asked for help drowned out by spam posts merely copying something already existing.

? dont know how all these posts are pointless but okay? and they wouldn't need to click on many link if they want to learn a specific thing they click on the specific link also if you want I can move them somewhere else I just needed them to be in a certain area doesn't matter where is there like a random area no one would mind me posting this

? dont know how all these posts are pointless but okay? and they wouldn't need to click on many link if they want to learn a specific thing they click on the specific link also if you want I can move them somewhere else I just needed them to be in a certain area doesn't matter where is there like a random area no one would mind me posting this

u should just made all this into 1 thread and uses the spoiler command to hide wall of text and label each one makes it neat and simple to use instead of say all these post which people get annoyed cause seem like spam

Sorry I did not see any Spoiler options ... the tools I can use are limited to BOLD ITALICS UNDESCORE AND SLASH I use to take html in the past and I forgot many things and don't feel like searching through google to see how to add stuff and hope it works on here

posting is posting most if not all website with posting like these has those commands u can use while type in (i forgot cause i havent really used em unless i got a massive crash problem :/)

Edited by luanle21

EKAF, hate to say this, but that is a terrible guide.

Why are suggesting people to try and not use Fusion Cores??? What else are they going to do with them??? Cash is so easy to come by it is not an issue, apart from the initial stages in the game. Also, Rare fusion cores are better than just using a duplicate.

You mention nothing of fusing different mods together, and the effects that polarities have on this. Yes this is a viable thing to do, when you have maxed certain mods. And something you need to do if you want to start maxing out serration et al.

And what happened to Aura's? You seemed to have skipped that completely (old screen shot).

Finally, ALL mods have a symbol in the top right corner :)

Edited by Shifty_Shuffler