The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kunai Or Despair?

BloodKitten

Question

have kunai building, but i do want opinion from someone that have a despair as well and tryed both, should i put a catalyst in the kunai, or go kill a few bosses and try to get dispair drop off the stalker?

Edited by BloodHungryKitten

4 answers to this question

have kunai building, but i do want opinion from someone that have a despair as well and tryed both, should i put a catalyst in the kunai, or go kill a few bosses and try to get dispair drop off the stalker?

Kunais are really good, but most people would agree that despair is better overall. Kunais have some pros and cons, just like despair, but I'd choose despair over kunais. But you can do just fine with kunais anyways.

Both have damage properties from the armor-ignore pool: Armor-piercing for Despair and Physics Impact for Kunai. 

Armor-piercing damage has special multipliers for specific enemies:

- Double damage on Corpus crewman heads (on top of the already double multiplier for hitting it).

- 1.5x damage multiplier for hitting any part of a Grineer Ballista, Elite Lancer, Lancer, Scorch, Trooper and Shield Lancer.

- Half damage to any part of a Infested Charger, Leaper, Runner and all Crawler types. 

Physics Impact, on the other hand, has no positive or negative multipliers with any enemy. 

Despair. Neither of them are affected by scaling armor so higher damage of despair is a win in my book. Against light infested, modded Despair should kill them about as fast a kunai regardless because of better elemental scaling.