Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Nightmare Mod & Debuff Ideas

CeePee

Hello!

I'm just noting down some ideas I've come up with, seeing as the positive mod points are used with the artifacts. Why not use the same mechanic for weapon mods, and also add different risk & reward type mods into Nightmare.

Also added some nightmare debuff ideas that could be refined.

Positive mod points, negative effects:
- Reload speed reduced (20, 30, 50%), attack speed reduced (10, 20, 30%), mod points increased (3,6,9)
- Base damage reduced (10, 20, 30%), attack speed increased (10, 20, 30%), mod points increased (3,6,9)
- Magazine size reduced (10, 20, 30%), max ammo reduced (10, 20, 30%), mod points increased (2,4,6)

Risk & Reward mods:
- Base damage increased (20, 40, 60%), attack speed reduced (20, 30, 40%), mod points used (9,10,11,12)

- Magazine size reduced (20, 30, 50), max ammo increased (20, 30, 50%), mod points used (4,5,6,7)

Nightmare debuffs:
- "Boss rush", every enemy killed reduces your max shields by 1%. The idea is to promote both stealth/rush, and only killing the boss.
- "No ammunition drops", exactly what the name suggests, you get 0 ammo drops. Use only what you brought with you.
- "Heavy gravity", jumps are 25% less effective, stamina use increased by 50%.
- "They see me rollin'", every Grineer spawn yields 2 Grineer rollers, on top of the original ones. True nightmare.
- "Energy disruption", you lose 1,5% of your energy constantly, make those energy orbs count.

Feel free to give feedback, and maybe some of your own ideas that fit with the theme of risk & reward mods.

Nightmare debuffs:

- "Boss rush", every enemy killed reduces your max shields by 1%. The idea is to promote both stealth/rush, and only killing the boss.

- "No ammunition drops", exactly what the name suggests, you get 0 ammo drops. Use only what you brought with you.

- "They see me rollin'", every Grineer spawn yields 2 Grineer rollers, on top of the original ones. True nightmare.

- "Energy disruption", you lose 1,5% of your energy constantly, make those energy orbs count.

For Boss rush, I'm not exactly sure we would need that.

For No ammunition drops, ammo is already easy to keep in a mission. Especially if you bring ammo packs and stuff. I was thinking, why not have it consume extra ammo per shot from a weapon?

For Heavy Gravity, not bad. A little silly, but do you know how much of a nightmare that would be for a player like myself? I rely on my parkour a lot, and spend a lot less time running on the ground compared to other players.

For They see me rollin, I will smack you.

For Energy disruption, while this could be canceled out with Energy Siphon, it still would be a little strong and nightmare-ish for a lot of players. Not a bad idea, though.

I actually think some of these ideas are pretty nice, but need a bit of working on.

Heavy gravity would affect melee and bolt weapons, ( ex: jump attack + 50% dmg, normal attack -50% speed)

for energy disruption, if you have 0 energy, it starts draining your health, 5% per second, and you wont get health back from killing

For boss rush, stealth kills shouldn't take 1% of your shields.

that way is more, nightmare-ish .

for negative mods, they need to have a special slot, like the aura slot,

Edited by NumeleMeu

For Boss rush, I'm not exactly sure we would need that.

For No ammunition drops, ammo is already easy to keep in a mission. Especially if you bring ammo packs and stuff. I was thinking, why not have it consume extra ammo per shot from a weapon?

For Heavy Gravity, not bad. A little silly, but do you know how much of a nightmare that would be for a player like myself? I rely on my parkour a lot, and spend a lot less time running on the ground compared to other players.

For They see me rollin, I will smack you.

For Energy disruption, while this could be canceled out with Energy Siphon, it still would be a little strong and nightmare-ish for a lot of players. Not a bad idea, though.

I actually think some of these ideas are pretty nice, but need a bit of working on.

Energy disruption hurts frames with high max energy more, e.g. my Ember has 487 max energy so the energy drain would be way over what Energy siphon can give you.

Energy siphon is 0,6 at max rank, so 4 of those makes it 2,4 energy regen (per sec?). That means any frame with more than 160 max energy would actually lose energy with this debuff.

Nightmare debuffs:

Feel free to give feedback, and maybe some of your own ideas that fit with the theme of risk & reward mods.

i prefer nightmare debuff of these:

"Melee only" all primary/secondary weapon get ammo drain and no ammo drop.

"No Ability" as name says no usage of ability in the run, using them will do damage to yourself.

"Friendly Fire" allow friendly damage on allies by guns/melee/ability

"I See You~" enable following/homing bullets/missiles/lasers on corpus/grineer, increase bullet/missile/laser speed by X%

"Enemy Reinforcement!!" increase enemies spawn by 3 times or more. and keep spawning, but to a cap limit to prevent host crashing

"Rebound" all guns/thrown weapon will inflict X% damage based on your weapon used

"Enemy Sniper" allow enemy (corpus/grineer) to do critical hit on all shots, critical damage will be decided by DE

"God Mode" not for you Tennos, but for the enemies not real god-mode as well. but increase their health/shield by ALOT! and immune to stun/knockback/down

"Rampage!" increase enemies attack rate/fire rate by 3 times. and movemeny speed by 2 times.

"Elemental Package" allow enemies to do X% of fire/ice/light damage based on their normal attacks

"I'm Stalking You" allow Stalker or Fake Stalker to continuous spawning and harass Tennos through out the game, drop no BP. these stalker have dread/hate/despair and use ability like a real stalker.

"Clue-less" disable goal map navigation on mini-map,increase while game map by 2 times.

"Starvation" disable health/energy/ammo drop

"Orokin Tech" allow enemies to use abilities regardless of types. all skill except for the big AOEs

"Maximum Gravity" increase stamina usage by 5 times, decrease jump height by 2 times.

"RPG-Squad" give grineer/corpos weaponry to have area damage like orgis.

"Stealth" spawn near-impossible to kill and deadly enemies when spotted, except near boss area

"Immune to Ability" give immunity to ability to enemies.

"Instant-Kill" give enemies the ability to 1-hit kill Tennos but have same health/shield.

allow 2 or more nightmare to be active in a game.

just some idea popping out from seeing yours.

Edit: nightmare ARE suppose to be NIGHTMARE right? not farm/grind-mare.

Edited by KaoKill123

-snip-

Looking at your "Clue-less", I'd also like to see a mode where the minimap is disabled, same way as the Grineer Informers used to do.

More spawns, yes please.

Friendly fire, YES! Although griefing becomes a huge issue.

I get "clue-less" every few games anyway...

OT: More/less gravitation is good, i'd love to see that even in normal modes (in addition to fire/icelevels).

While we're at it: Corpus/grineer spaceship with broken gravitycore could make you play the map sideways or let it rotate slowly. This would screw up the AI so hard, but i like the idea somehow.

Well, as much as I like those ideas, some of them are just... well... pretty much over the top. Especially when there are possible two of them active.

Just imagine "Rampage!" with "Instant-Kill" for example. That wouldn't be a nightmare, that would be plain game-breaking.

Not to mention that "Instant-Kill" would probably be impossible for assassination or any defense missions.

Well, as much as I like those ideas, some of them are just... well... pretty much over the top. Especially when there are possible two of them active.

Just imagine "Rampage!" with "Instant-Kill" for example. That wouldn't be a nightmare, that would be plain game-breaking.

Not to mention that "Instant-Kill" would probably be impossible for assassination or any defense missions.

Easily fixed with a condition, if x debuff is active then y cannot be paired with it. As of now it's only 1 debuff and possibly the low gravity one. You can't have vampire and timer afaik.

Looking at your "Clue-less", I'd also like to see a mode where the minimap is disabled, same way as the Grineer Informers used to do.

More spawns, yes please.

Friendly fire, YES! Although griefing becomes a huge issue.

Look, difficulty is not 'anything that makes the player mad'. I keep repeating this because it's important.

"Getting lost" is not difficulty, it's getting lost.

Anyways a lot of these Nightmare suggestions have serious issues (like, for example, Heavy Gravity possibly breaking a lot of rooms where parkour is necessary for advancement).

You know, I think like the ice hazard and self-destruct hazard should be restricted to nightmare mode. As I'm sure has been said before many times, you're not rewarded anything extra for completing levels with those, and there's nothing stopping you from just leaving and restarting the mission to get rid of the hazard, so why bother having them?

I understand it's an extra challenge, but there needs to be some rhyme or reason to having it, aside from just being a bad-luck lottery for missions.

• 2 months later...