The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff Charged Chamber Or Give Us Primed!

Namacyst

Also, giving it out that early would be unfair for those people who worked hard for it.

There are many people who didn't exploit, and still managed to get into the top 100.

"Worked hard"

There is this statement about mindlessly farming weather ballons for a whole weekend again.

This has nothing to do with working.

At all.

Edit: Also boo to handing out gameplay related stuff exclusive for people who threw away a whole weekend for mindless weather balloon grinding.

Edited by D3thpool

"Worked hard"

There is this statement about mindlessly farming weather ballons for a whole weekend again.

At all.

Edit: Also boo to handing out gameplay related stuff exclusive for people who threw away a whole weekend for mindless weather balloon grinding.

I suppose people who spend all week filling near-mindless paperwork aren't actually working either, since there's no "effort", just repetition and time spent.

Working is dedicating your time to something with a reward in mind, in adult life, that's usually money, in a game, it's an event reward.

"Worked hard"

At all.

Fox and the grapes bro. You see this prize you can't reach and you figure "Yeah it probably isn't so great."

Wouldn't buffing Charged still benefit the people who got primed? Since they stack and all...

It would but the benefit everyone else gets from a Charged Chamber buff is more important than those 100 people.

I wish people would stop acting like entitled kids!  It's fine that some people get more out of an event if they put more time into it.  If we went down the route of making everything available for everyone how boring would that be!!  People need to get used to the fact that they can't have everything, it's not a bad thing and you know what?  It's just a game.

I wish people would stop acting like entitled kids!  It's fine that some people get more out of an event if they put more time into it.  If we went down the route of making everything available for everyone how boring would that be!!  People need to get used to the fact that they can't have everything, it's not a bad thing and you know what?  It's just a game.

I agree, more time into an event = better rewards HOWEVER that shouldn't be limited to 100 people, or roughly 0.0033...3% if we take their figure of 3 million players.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

And with that post, this thread shall find rest. Everything has been said, nothing more needs to be discussed.

+1 to Calgacus.

Or you all can pretend like it doesnt exist since it has zero effect on you whats so ever.  Its a PvE game. 

Here, I got a 300% ultra-primed chamber.  HAHAHAHA, now you dont have it.  I do.  You didnt even know it existed.  And now your game is horrible. 

Who cares if 100 people got it.  You didnt.  Its a PvE game.  Therefor their is no imbalance to them having it and you not having it. 

Or you all can pretend like it doesnt exist since it has zero effect on you whats so ever.  Its a PvE game. 

Here, I got a 300% ultra-primed chamber.  HAHAHAHA, now you dont have it.  I do.  You didnt even know it existed.  And now your game is horrible. 

Who cares if 100 people got it.  You didnt.  Its a PvE game.  Therefor their is no imbalance to them having it and you not having it. 

...using that logic, why should you care if someone has a mod that increases all damage by 1000%? They have it, you don't. "no imbalance" here (/sarcasm).

...using that logic, why should you care if someone has a mod that increases all damage by 1000%? They have it, you don't. "no imbalance" here (/sarcasm).

but I dont care.  At all.  It completely has zero effect on my game.  They can have whatever they want.  It means nothing to me.  They can have a kill everything in the map in one shot.  It doesnt effect me.  At all.  He joins my online game.  I just leave the squad since it would be boring to me.  Then I play without him.

This is nothing more then the classic case of a 5 year old crying because his brother has something he doesnt.

but I dont care.  At all.  It completely has zero effect on my game.  They can have whatever they want.  It means nothing to me.  They can have a kill everything in the map in one shot.  It doesnt effect me.  At all.  He joins my online game.  I just leave the squad since it would be boring to me.  Then I play without him.

This is nothing more then the classic case of a 5 year old crying because his brother has something he doesnt.

Not really, it's more of the fact DE doesn't communicate well. They don't release FULL patch notes, they don't say "hey, this will not/will be exclusive" until we find out more or less.

And yes, there can be imbalance in PvE.

Not really, it's more of the fact DE doesn't communicate well. They don't release FULL patch notes, they don't say "hey, this will not/will be exclusive" until we find out more or less.

And yes, there can be imbalance in PvE.

So your complaints are more with how information is delivered from DE and not the OP's original topic?  Cause that is what I was commenting on.  Dont care to get into any other discussion off-topic. 

I really hope DE doesn't bend over like they did with the Braton vs Braton Vandal and buff this mod to be the same or better than Primed Chamber.
I think if they had tiers of reward that are reasonable instead of "top this top that" like if you kill X amount or if you do this you'll get this but if you kill Y then you get the reward for killing X + Y, Y>X.
Kill 20 get mod
Kill 100 get gun
etc, number and rewards are examples don't take them as is.

I really hope DE doesn't bend over like they did with the Braton vs Braton Vandal and buff this mod to be the same or better than Primed Chamber.

Yeah. There are some... interesting consequences if they buff Charged Chamber. When they buffed the Braton, they merely obsoleted the Brandal. If they buff Charged Chamber, Primed Chamber users will be able to stack the two mods for triple damage (if it's additive) or quadruple damage (if it's multiplicative).

So your complaints are more with how information is delivered from DE and not the OP's original topic?  Cause that is what I was commenting on.  Dont care to get into any other discussion off-topic. 

Eh, it's both. I'd prefer DE buff charged OR just released primed, but they also need to communicate better on this stuff so we can tell them this is a BAD idea before they do this.

Yeah. There are some... interesting consequences if they buff Charged Chamber. When they buffed the Braton, they merely obsoleted the Brandal. If they buff Charged Chamber, Primed Chamber users will be able to stack the two mods for triple damage (if it's additive) or quadruple damage (if it's multiplicative).

Noone thought of giving the "Chamber Mods" a trait so that they can't be stacked? Should'nt be that hard.

I am one of the people who got Primed Chamber.

Charged Chamber is neither worth 9 points or a valuable mod slot. I for example would like to have Braton Prime, but i think it is reasonable and justified to have a exclusive item like the Lato/Braton Prime. But i don't have them, because i never had the chance to get them. I agree Primed Chamber shouldn't be exclusive. I don't like things that are exclusive, because they obviously exclude people.

In my opinion the best reward would be something like a timed exclusive. As a theoretical example lets say a new warframe is finished creating. Then will be a event and the top 100 people will get the warframe and a warframe slot. And after 2 weeks everyone can get it.

I don't have it and couldn't give a monkeys. Don't even have charged chamber, but if i did i would expect it to be an inferior version. They clearly stated the rules, as learnt from the Frost prime event. Perhaps it could be... 50%? that's half as good, but then you lot would still moan until it was 100%...

I also don't agree with the "top 100? you must have no life, i have a family, this is unfair" Those in the top 100 worked for it, they put in the effort and won. People shouldn't be rewarded for not going to the effort because they have other things to do, this is a lack of commitment and the real world sure as hell wouldn't reward you.

P.S to the top 100, thanks you contributed greatly to my Snipertron Vandal, much appreciated

I am one of the people who got Primed Chamber.

Charged Chamber is neither worth 9 points or a valuable mod slot. I for example would like to have Braton Prime, but i think it is reasonable and justified to have a exclusive item like the Lato/Braton Prime. But i don't have them, because i never had the chance to get them. I agree Primed Chamber shouldn't be exclusive. I don't like things that are exclusive, because they obviously exclude people.

In my opinion the best reward would be something like a timed exclusive. As a theoretical example lets say a new warframe is finished creating. Then will be a event and the top 100 people will get the warframe and a warframe slot. And after 2 weeks everyone can get it.

Braton prime isn't exclusive. You mean Brandal. And EVERYONE knew brandal would be exclusive, NO ONE knew primed chamber would be exclusive. Big difference there. (Also, the warframe timed exclusive is stupid. very very stupid. ONLY 100 people get it, for 2 weeks? Less than .0033%? That's a TERRIBLE idea. And making a PvP competition (top X number or percent) is a bad idea in a PvE game, why not tier rewards instead?)

You consider two mods being good together a problem?

It's less that they're good together, and more that there's no other reasonable choice. If they were mutually exclusive, you would have to choose between raw DPS (Accelerated Blast) and ammo efficiency (Flechette). If they're not, you just mindlessly stack both. It's more powerful, but less fun to theorycraft, you know?

It's less that they're good together, and more that there's no other reasonable choice. If they were mutually exclusive, you would have to choose between raw DPS (Accelerated Blast) and ammo efficiency (Flechette). If they're not, you just mindlessly stack both. It's more powerful, but less fun to theorycraft, you know?

I'm sorry, but.... the hell is wrong with stacking mods? Because watching my Sobek clear a room with Shotgun Spazz, Accelerated Blast, and Flechette in a glorious explosion of grineer giblets is too awesome to pass up.

Braton prime isn't exclusive. You mean Brandal. And EVERYONE knew brandal would be exclusive, NO ONE knew primed chamber would be exclusive. Big difference there. (Also, the warframe timed exclusive is stupid. very very stupid. ONLY 100 people get it, for 2 weeks? Less than .0033%? That's a TERRIBLE idea. And making a PvP competition (top X number or percent) is a bad idea in a PvE game, why not tier rewards instead?)

yes my mistake i meant the Braton Vandal.

The Primed Chamber WILL appear in the future.

And yes ONLY 100 people get it, for 2 weeks. yes less than .0033%. Why? Because they put in much more effort than everyone else. To be able to have a very successful game u have to cater to a large audience or a variety of different audiences.

And lastly having a PvP competition in a PvE game is not inherently bad. It is all about the implementation.

I'm sorry, but.... the hell is wrong with stacking mods? Because watching my Sobek clear a room with Shotgun Spazz, Accelerated Blast, and Flechette in a glorious explosion of grineer giblets is too awesome to pass up.

There's less diversity when mods stack. It's like the sidearm situation. It's fun as hell to tear everything apart with Despair, but sometimes I miss Twin Vipers, Lex, and Akbolto being the best at different things, now that Despair is better at everything. Chilling Grasp and Incendiary Coat used to be fun. Now they're permanently sidelined.