Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mid-Mission Events I Find Detrimental To The "fun" Factor

Berserk_Knight

1. Lotus changing the objective halfway down the mission.

2. The Stalker comes in with a warframe to kill me for some reason.

Now, normally, things like these would bring variation to the game, spice up things and make the game more interesting, and thus, fun.
However, because of the way these things are implemented, they are the very definition of NOT fun.

1. Lotus changed the objective of a Raid mission into an Extermination mission when I cleared about half the enemies in the third or fourth room.  Now, about halfway through the entire map, I notice that ONE enemy has spawned in the starting chamber, and I have to backtrack all the way back there to kill this one lone marine.  ...Then it's a long tedious walk back to where I was before with no enemies respawning or whatever, because Lotus changed it into an Extermination mission and the enemy count/locations are fixed from that point.  Hell, right now, I'm just friggin' glad I noticed it before I was like, right before the extraction point.  That would have upped the annoyance factor by at least tenfold.

2. That Stalker?  He's level 40.  All I have is an Excalibur(25), Braton Mk-1(14), Lato(12), and Cronus(15), along with some mods that are still in dire need of upgrading.  Nothing I have in my meager arsenal (except maybe Javelins, which I'm not sure if I can survive casting, let alone actually hitting him with it) could even cause a dent in that thing's shields, and when he hits with a Slash Dash, it hits for 800 or so and leaves me with no shields and 21 health left, which, he hits me once more and I'm dead.  ...All because I "supposedly" killed some Counsellor or whatever, which I'm pretty sure I haven't even met yet.

(Oh, I did kill him once before the patch, when I didn't even have enough slots to put that Javelin in, but now, it's just absurd.)

If you kill a boss you have a chance to spawn Stalker he is very rare, just keep moving you can't get hit by his slash dash of doom.

He drops some of the best weapons in the game and you will be cursing his name, when it

's been weeks since you seen him and you really want Hate.

Stalker is a great addition to the game, one of the brightest points in the enemy department. Doesn't have tons of HP, is actually hard to kill and every encounter with him ends up in a frantic fight, especially if you're levelling some new frame/weapons. We need more enemies like that!

I kinda get the twist in objective thing, I was once soloing a spy mission where I had to retrieve information from 4 consoles and when I completed it... it twists into another spy mission objective. So now I'm a single Tenno with 2 datamass to haul back to the EP. But that has only occured once and at most a very minor annoyance.

The Stalker thing... I don't get. People want to meet the Stalker. People get giddy when the lights flicker. Mostly because of his BPs but for me his visits are always a treat because it's quite rare. If you're too low level then just run I guess, no need to bash his existence.

Edited by Pekku

So, in other words, they forgot to put a damn level limit on the Stalker.

Nope. Stalker level scales depending on your level and your mission level.

You can be rank 1 and be in pluto that the stalker will be, most likely around lvl 50/60

So, in other words, they forgot to put a damn level limit on the Stalker.

Oh they did put a limit on him, that level limit just happens to feel tough when your equipment is weak.

And yes, I do think you should be wholly overpowered by Stalker if you encounter him as a newish player. If something appears and is supposed to be a huge threat, but you can hold your own against him even with an MK1-Braton, there's something wrong with his design as a "threat."

It's okay to fail. Maybe it's DE's mistake for making a newer player feel weak (maybe limit him to Mastery 2+?), but Stalker is otherwise a great addition to the game, and we need more enemies like him and less bullet sponges that any idiot with 6 clips can kill eventually.

Edited by gell

Oh they did put a limit on him, that level limit just happens to feel tough when your equipment is weak.

And yes, I do think you should be wholly overpowered by Stalker if you encounter him as a newish player. If something appears and is supposed to be a huge threat, but you can hold your own against him even with an MK1-Braton, there's something wrong with his design as a "threat."

It's okay to fail. Maybe it's DE's mistake for making a newer player feel weak (maybe limit him to Mastery 2+?), but Stalker is otherwise a great addition to the game, and we need more enemies like him and less bullet sponges that any idiot with 6 clips can kill eventually.

Well, I did manage to kill him once, before they increased all the levels and all that, the "Vor's Revenge" patch, I think?

Yes, it did nearly kill me back then as well, even when I cleared the room, got full ammo/energy/health/shield beforehand, but at least it didn't 1-shot me and gave me a little window to fight back.

Today, I had 460 shields and 360 health.  It was reduced to 21 health with a Slash Dash he fired off almost immediately as he came in.

I'm fine with them adding something more than "stand behind 'cover' with half your body still exposed, including your head" type enemies, and was totally fine with Stalker before this level increase madness, but right now, I'm pretty sure he has more cons than pros for newer players.

I'm pretty sure that better level scaling and enforcing a stronger minimum level limit for the encounter would remedy the current problems.

Well, I did manage to kill him once, before they increased all the levels and all that, the "Vor's Revenge" patch, I think?

Yes, it did nearly kill me back then as well, even when I cleared the room, got full ammo/energy/health/shield beforehand, but at least it didn't 1-shot me and gave me a little window to fight back.

Today, I had 460 shields and 360 health.  It was reduced to 21 health with a Slash Dash he fired off almost immediately as he came in.

I'm fine with them adding something more than "stand behind 'cover' with half your body still exposed, including your head" type enemies, and was totally fine with Stalker before this level increase madness, but right now, I'm pretty sure he has more cons than pros for newer players.

I'm pretty sure that better level scaling and enforcing a stronger minimum level limit for the encounter would remedy the current problems.

Stalkers whole thing is that if you are not moving he can kill you that Slash Dash kill most rank 30 Frames out right,

Nope. Stalker level scales depending on your level and your mission level.

Which means if Stalker comes for a low rank warframe while the others in the squad are high rank, Stalker is toast in a matter of seconds. No chance whatsoever.

Otoh his dash one-shots a high rank soloing warframe if you happen to be low on health when he appears. No chance whatsoever.

Yeah, game design is all about balance.