Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestions To Make Raptor A Better Boss

Destro6677

Raptor is good as he is, a real boss fight.

However, something that big and heavily armed shouldn't be able to turn that fast or fire that accurately.

So I would like to suggest to DE that his turning speed should be nerfed to allow for more evasive playstyles rather than box camping.

As for his good aim with his main energy blasts, that's not such a big issue if we can run around him or run underneath him to avoid them. The problem as I see it is how he can hit me even when I'm sliding directly under him.

To go along with this, please give him a bombing run attack to discourage players from box camping.

For example, if a player box camps him and doesn't move for x seconds, he has a special animation (like flashing red all over) and then rushes towards the player, dropping bombs underneath him as he goes.

If you don't move, you get instakilled by the bombs.

Feedback is welcome.

Edited by Destro6677

The only thing that bothers me is how little he telegraphs his "I am now invulnerable and shoot rockets at you" move. If he had a spotlight or made a loud sound when he did it, it wouldn't feel so cheap.

Agreed. As it is now, the only way you can see it coming is to gauge his health bar.

Unless I am terribly misinformed and unable to tell the difference, aren't his rockets/otherweapons hitscan? This is the biggest issue with Raptor, in my opinion. It's just outright impossible to dodge his attacks without constantly hiding under a building or behind a box... unless you are Frost/Rhino/some-other-tank I don't have much experience with.

I'm fine with the boss having some sort of hitscan weapon. But its more damaging attacks need to have flight time, or at least a telegraphed warning that allows players a second or two to get the heck out of dodge.

Unless I am terribly misinformed and unable to tell the difference, aren't his rockets/otherweapons hitscan? This is the biggest issue with Raptor, in my opinion. It's just outright impossible to dodge his attacks without constantly hiding under a building or behind a box... unless you are Frost/Rhino/some-other-tank I don't have much experience with.

I'm fine with the boss having some sort of hitscan weapon. But its more damaging attacks need to have flight time, or at least a telegraphed warning that allows players a second or two to get the heck out of dodge.

Agreed. I'm not clear on the concept of hitscan myself, but he has ridiculous weapon accuracy.