Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

World on Fire, Again.

ShogunNoir

Let me start over.

Im getting tired and not responding correctly.

Fire ball is ok. It has its uses, but for the most part, i will never agree with the cast delay. I wish there was a way to get the effect through synergy with accelerant that you can get when hitting a bomb barrel with fire blast. Wishful thinking. I feel blast damage as i suggested the first time would serve this ability better than simple fire damage, and a little wider aoe. But even if i find nothing redeeming about this ability, that does not mean that it is true.

Accelerant is a very useful ability. It buffs damage, has useful cc. All that obvious info.

Fire blast is a great ability. It can be cast however often, and in the air if i please (yay for aircastable abilities). Its one of those few fashion frame abilities. It looks great after you've built a 2 story high tower of burning air. Alot of work, but fun. I would say it could stand as Embers ult, if something happened to wof.

Wof irritates teammates. It drains barely any energy. Spreads heat procs wonderfully. Ember is better at melee as a caster than saryn with toxic lash and miasma. Now if miasma pulsed out on its own, Saryn would have an easier time as well, but that would be broken, wouldnt it? So Ember is broken as a caster frame? What makes wof better? Reduce damage, rely on weapons? But since fire ball is basically just like using a sonicor....and thus no better or worse than firing a secondary weapon with a cast delay it doesnt need...why not rely on fireball also?

3 hours ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Let me start over.

Im getting tired and not responding correctly.

Fire ball is ok. It has its uses, but for the most part, i will never agree with the cast delay. I wish there was a way to get the effect through synergy with accelerant that you can get when hitting a bomb barrel with fire blast. Wishful thinking. I feel blast damage as i suggested the first time would serve this ability better than simple fire damage, and a little wider aoe. But even if i find nothing redeeming about this ability, that does not mean that it is true.

Accelerant is a very useful ability. It buffs damage, has useful cc. All that obvious info.

Fire blast is a great ability. It can be cast however often, and in the air if i please (yay for aircastable abilities). Its one of those few fashion frame abilities. It looks great after you've built a 2 story high tower of burning air. Alot of work, but fun. I would say it could stand as Embers ult, if something happened to wof.

Wof irritates teammates. It drains barely any energy. Spreads heat procs wonderfully. Ember is better at melee as a caster than saryn with toxic lash and miasma. Now if miasma pulsed out on its own, Saryn would have an easier time as well, but that would be broken, wouldnt it? So Ember is broken as a caster frame? What makes wof better? Reduce damage, rely on weapons? But since fire ball is basically just like using a sonicor....and thus no better or worse than firing a secondary weapon with a cast delay it doesnt need...why not rely on fireball also?

Ember really has a design problem IMO... DE needs to either make ember a melee brawler type frame, or make her a caster frame - but not both.

18 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Ember really has a design problem IMO... DE needs to either make ember a melee brawler type frame, or make her a caster frame - but not both.

Right now i feel more confident using her as a melee frame. Or, really, since my go to primary weapon is a suicide gun, my go to strategy is to whack stuff that gets too close with a stick, and kill everything else far away...well, it doesnt always play out that way. And since condition overload is a thing now, Ember giving free elemental procs with wof helps a little bit more too. Id prefer her to be a melee/brawler frame, because that would be even more reason to have a blast proc on fire ball instead of only a fire proc. But i dont know if thats like the oberon druid or paladin thing. Maybe it doesnt matter...maybe her kit is suffering because its suplosed to be doing multiple things.