Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Personal goal system idea

JG-Zero

I thought of something, there are the drekar butchers, They are the only enemy who can drop condition overload with 0.02%

And I thought of how many do you need to kill in order to get condition overload, That would be about 5.000 of them

Riven mods have their own "Mision" that is displayed by pressing esc

I thought I'd like to have something like that, a tracker that I can set to follow how many enemyes of certain type I kill, or how many times do I use certain skill on certain enemy, how many times did I hit a container to open it

And I thought It could be a good idea to have a goal which can be set by the player, for example, killing 5.000 drekar butchers, or 10.000 grineer bombards, or killing with melee 500 times, or dealing 500.000 Damage with X skill, something that the player can set up, and the game will record

(I'd like to apologize to every reader, I know my english isnt really good, I just thought that maybe a few people would like this idea enought to give it properly to DE, Thank you for taking the time to read this)

Also, I dont know if this is posted in the right place, And I'm sorry about that too :\

Edited by JG-Zero

10 minutes ago, JG-Zero said:

I was in uranus chilling farming focus or smh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gosh, this is so triggering lmao

The idea of "personal goals" or milestones is really cool, probably not exactly for killing 5,000 Butchers, but in general is cool, it can become a nice mechanic....

PS: I'm intrigued by the way how you calculate the need for killing 5,000 Butchers, if you think about it every single one of those kills will have the same 0.02% of dropping Condition Overload, so it can happen during the first kill or never, all the same =P

Edited by RubenRosas
Finish reading after being triggered by the "I was in uranus chilling"

13 minutes ago, RubenRosas said:

Gosh, this is so triggering lmao

The idea of "personal goals" or milestones is really cool, probably not exactly for killing 5,000 Butchers, but in general is cool, it can become a nice mechanic....

PS: I'm intrigued by the way how you calculate the need for killing 5,000 Butchers, if you think about it every single one of those kills will have the same 0.02% of dropping Condition Overload, so it can happen during the first kill or never, all the same =P

Each butcher has 0,02% chance of drop for condition overload, at 100 kills that becomes 2% at 1000 kills that becomes 20% At 5000 kills that becomes a 100%

Indeed it could drop killing just 1, but that means the next 4999 kills it will NOT drop, AND in case it does, that counts for the next, then, assuming that you got condition overload in the first kill, and then again in the second kill, it should not drop the next 9998 kills

(but chances seem to work weird in warframe as far as I know, at least to me, so dont take my word as a rule, I probably misscalculated something multiple times trying to farm so...

there's that)

2 things, RNG doesn't track previous rolls. Every roll has the same chances.

And the chance to get it will never reach 100%, just get ridiculously close.

I don't know the exact formulas, but you can't just multiply droprate by tries.

Edited by Kinetos

1 minute ago, JG-Zero said:

Each butcher has 0,02% chance of drop for condition overload, at 100 kills that becomes 2% at 1000 kills that becomes 20% At 5000 kills that becomes a 100%

Indeed it could drop killing just 1, but that means the next 4999 kills it will NOT drop, AND in case it does, that counts for the next, then, assuming that you got condition overload in the first kill, and then again in the second kill, it should not drop the next 9998 kills

(but chances seem to work weird in warframe as far as I know, at least to me, so dont take my word as a rule, I probably misscalculated something multiple times trying to farm so...

there's that)

I understand your confusion, however that's not how probability works; you see, every time you kill one enemy some probability dices are rolling, first to determine if the enemy killed will drop or not then to determine what will it drop, this is the moment when the drop chances become important; so, for example, you have chances of getting Condition Overload 5,000 times in a row (even when, of course, that chances are ridiculously low as a probability never the less exist) =)

17 minutes ago, Kinetos said:

2 things, RNG doesn't track previous rolls. Every roll has the same chances.

And the chance to get it will never reach 100%, just get ridiculously close.

Indeed; in a random number generation with pseudorandomness like "drop rates" which exhibits traces of statistical randomness while (at the same time) is being affected by a set of deterministic causal rules (namely the drop rates imbued by the developer) you will never actually increase your chances (because the deterministic causality is set, not variable) but you'll be multiplying the case (rolling the dices several times) with exactly the same possibilities every single time. 

Edited by RubenRosas

I thank you all for correcting me, If you dont mind, I'd like to know what you think about the idea anyway

(and if possible if there's anyway I can chance the section of the thread, I read the thing DE put up there, but I thought that this was supposed to be on general discusion because I meant it for DE, and just click on post the thread before reading that I should have putted it on fan concepts, I'd like not to bother DE with this thread in the wrong section, is there anyway of moving it or should I just delete it and make another one?)