Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So let's talk: The Warframe comic, PoE and The Ostron!

Evanescent

The comic:

The warframe comic by Top Cow Productions shows an Excalibur intervening as the Grineer invade an Ostron Colony. It's narrated by the head of the colony, blinded in the attack.

The costumes, facial features, naming of the Ostron in the comic appear to be quite different from those we see in Cetus!

We also see the Grineer deploy Ghouls on the Tenno.

PoE and Cetus:

The question here is this: Is Cetus colony of the Ostron that sprung up around the living tower, or the colony? If it is one of many colonies, does this mean each colony has developed it's own aesthetic and culture? Most importantly, will we get to see them?

I sincerely hope DE intends to flesh out each Open Zone they introduce before moving onto the next. I really like the idea of Ostron outposts spread out over the Plains to be introduced eventually, with their unique cultures and adaptations. Possibly even see the colony from the comics! We could have missions to protect the colonies, with players rotating in and out. World events like the Grineer launching offensives against the colonies in real time would be great as well.

Mining exists, and as foragers it would make sense for the Ostron to fan out over the plains to look for stuff.

But what I am most interested in the near future is whether ghouls will be included in PoE.  Will we see them emerge suddenly from the ground as a part of the night cycle challenges? It would certainly be entertaining and interesting to make the Plains a more challenging experience at night!

I'm interested to hear what you guys think! 

I hope we get to visit the destroyed Ostron village. That would be awesome. I also hope we get to see the blind girl from the comics in-game, but it's unlikely in my opinion. 

I'll eat those Tokyo Ghouls for breakfast.

And...

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)SG Ouija said:

RAP TAP TAP

Rap Tap Tap Dat A**

2 minutes ago, Spartan336 said:

I hope we get to visit the destroyed Ostron village. That would be awesome. I also hope we get to see the blind girl from the comics in-game, but it's unlikely in my opinion. 

I'll eat those Tokyo Ghouls for breakfast.

And...

Rap Tap Tap Dat A**

I would totally waifu her, you know? Like that's my secret reason for making this topic. 

On a more serious note, it would be great if you could get combat quests from her to destroy the grineer and get her some measure of peace.