Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help with Secret Room - TESHUB Void Exterminate Mission

Xen-2

Question

I have done this mission many many times and I keep coming across these 2 secret rooms that have me completely stumped as to how to open the doors.  I've run around all over the immediate area looking for buttons, destructible grates anything that might trigger the opening of these doors but I cannot for the life of me find anything.  If anyone is familiar with this particular tileset, maybe they would be so kind as to enlighten another lone and frustrated tenno so they can taste the wonderful and mysterious treats that lay behind these door.  I managed to smash the crates with my ignis, but they goodies are too far away to suck up with my carrier's vacuum.

This is a link to a screen capture showing the door and the map of the tileset concerned.

https://ibb.co/fj1KTk

Any help/clues would be greatly appreciated.

12 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Spartan336 said:

Once you step on the pressure plate, the door will start closing. You need to race across the entire room before the door on the other end closes.

This is not a time limited vault cache run type thing - I know those and I always fail them.  This is just an ordinary room and no pressure plates to activate.  There is a thing that looks like a button, but it's not (like so many others).

3 minutes ago, Spartan336 said:

Once you step on the pressure plate, the door will start closing. You need to race across the entire room before the door on the other end closes.

This, however the pad will not always activate, the only way it will is when the metal gateway, doorway, whatever it is to the ice path in closed and opens when you hit the pad, other than that there is no way to force open it that i have ever found.

1 minute ago, SandSquash said:

on the other side of that long passage is a big pressure plate that starts the timer to get to door, however it isn't always active and in those cases you cant get in the room

So it's not always active?  But there's always goodies in there which makes it even more frustrating.  I've never seen these doors open or close and I've done that mission a ton of times.

3 minutes ago, Xen-2 said:

So it's not always active?  But there's always goodies in there which makes it even more frustrating.  I've never seen these doors open or close and I've done that mission a ton of times.

Yeah what Clats say's is true. Sometimes it'll be active, and sometimes it wont. The only way to know is if the gate is up. 

4 minutes ago, Spartan336 said:

Yeah what Clats say's is true. Sometimes it'll be active, and sometimes it wont. The only way to know is if the gate is up. 

Ok, thanks all - I guess I must be very very unlucky to have never seen these doors actually open.  Given that I suck at the times runs, I was hoping I could still get some good loot other ways.

5 minutes ago, SandSquash said:

keep in mid next to that ice passage is a small treasure area?, has some lockers and containers

The little room off to the side?  Yeah, I know that one and always check it - but rarely ever get anything useful.  I've been farming "Enemy Sense" and can't seem to get it - i suspect it's probably in one of the more difficult places to get to, and I suck at those timed runs, but I bet that's where the really good stuff is (sadly for me)

Just now, SandSquash said:

If you need an enemy sense, add me ingame will give you 1 later since i got spares and i dont use the mod anyway

That's very generous of you - thanks heaps.  I'll add you asap .. the toon will be "The-Xennon"