The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bolt- weapon/ Melee unit thoughts.

SpiderWaifu

The two are unrelated things, just putting them in one post for convenience.

Bolt- weapons

Lately I've been leveling my Boltor, currently Rank 9, and it's been rather god-tier for me. A quick-click to launch 3 bolts will drop Grineer Trash mobs at lvl20-ish, 90% of the time. The "Bolts 2slow4me, cant lead targets gud" is easily overcome by, well, not shooting at moving targets which, lets face it, except for the Infested, most targets will not be moving often, or with much dexterity. So, that's a thing. On to my next point... The Bolt- weapons seems to work excellent with a melee-focused play style. What I'd do, is just fire 1-2 bolts at an enemy to stagger them (Thank you rediculous stagger effect) and that allows you to close the distance very reliably.

Edit: Obligatory "Crit related nodes are useless!" rant.

Melee Units

This is mostly about the Grineer Space-mans who enjoy fisticuffing, and or sawknifefists.

They aren't a threat at all. I would link a video showing me kiting a Grineer Sawman through the entire level, just havn't gotten around to recording it. I didn't outrun it, or outmanuever it. I simply walked away from it at a brisk pace and it was always decently close, but never a threat to me.

They've got to go through some sort of change, either upping their speed and dexterity, or increasing the rate that they spawn at. Say, instead of spawning in a group of one for instance, they'd spawn in a group of 3 or more.

Edited by SpiderWaifu

Yeah, the bolt weapons are handy. The only issue I've faced with them is that they seemingly don't pass through volt's shields.

This is a known issue. It's partially ruined my Volt Meta of only using my Elec.shield and Ult.

Secondary Topic: Is that Grineer Commander a better teammate than pub-Lokis?

You've all seen these Lokis. You're ahead of the group, shooting and stuff... When suddenly you're switchteleported away from the action. And that's all they'll ever use it for, when its on their teammates. I'm not going to rant about what should be done to that ability though, you can thank me later.

On to the Grineer Commanders... Several times, most notably recently while leveling my Boltor, Grineer Commanders have switchteleported me from behind cover during a gun-fight. I'd be placed behind their lines, and out of cover. Usually this would be a problem... Unless you're a Volt. The G,C's teleport just put you in a great position to wipe everyone out, and now he has to watch as his bumbling just wiped out his entire squad. Maybe even his friends.

Edit: What I'm trying to get at, is that the Grineer Commander should probably get a smarter AI (After the exsisting AI has been improved as a whole.)

Edited by SpiderWaifu

For ome odd reason... boltor never hits th mark (the middle of the crosshair) in CQC >_> done this dozens of times while aiming at a camera right above me or one of those grineer heavies >_>

Sometimes (this goes for any weapon, not just bolt ones), if you're super close to an enemy(almost melee range), your bullets won't hit them and will instead just pass through. Not sure if this is what you're talking about but ya know, just thought I'd throw it out there.

boltor is became useless vs bosses, bosses has no armor but got dmg reduction instead, also boltor has no crit no ap bonus dmg no puncture, and wasted point on skill tree on crit chance , crit dmg ... since it doesnt have any crit.. 0.00

Also, the Boltor's aim is off reticle the higher up or lower down you aim. Hard to take down cameras or crawlers precisely. Then again, it;s hard to take down anything precisely.

That's why you have your other weapons.

Edit: Also, consider compensating for your the reticle issues?

For ome odd reason... boltor never hits th mark (the middle of the crosshair) in CQC >_> done this dozens of times while aiming at a camera right above me or one of those grineer heavies >_>

Use your melee weapons in CQC?

boltor is became useless vs bosses, bosses has no armor but got dmg reduction instead, also boltor has no crit no ap bonus dmg no puncture, and wasted point on skill tree on crit chance , crit dmg ... since it doesnt have any crit.. 0.00

Bosses do have armor. A lot of armor. No idea where you got this idea from.

Just because its a harder to aim weapon that you have to compensate slightly in aiming for, you're all saying a weapon with amazing damage, and fun-times-pinning-people-to-walls is a bad weapon. Come on. :I

Edited by SpiderWaifu

My only gripe with the bolt weapons (aside from the obvious crit nodes thing), is that the speed of the bolts make no sense. When you kill a target, they're actually flung across the room faster than the bolts travel! How does that make any sense?

Speed up the bolts!

My only gripe with the bolt weapons (aside from the obvious crit nodes thing), is that the speed of the bolts make no sense. When you kill a target, they're actually flung across the room faster than the bolts travel! How does that make any sense?

Speed up the bolts!

lol. If only the bolts traveled as fast as their flung coprses.

Bosses do have armor. A lot of armor. No idea where you got this idea from.

Just because its a harder to aim weapon that you have to compensate slightly in aiming for, you're all saying a weapon with amazing damage, and fun-times-pinning-people-to-walls is a bad weapon. Come on. :I

thats oblivious the bolt has 100% ap dmg so armor means nothing to bolt but why got so much dmg reduction instead of get the same dmg as mobs ? 12 dmg per shot on kril this isnt funny even gorgon can do 50 dmg per shot ... i do recognize the old boss had armor when i put many ap and they became tofu .. but not anymore

Some bosses have damage reduction.

Hyena is a good example. I while back I tried to solo Fido with Boltor but noticed that each shot deals exactly 12 damage (not shield, the actual red health) when it' supposed to be 25 damage per shot. Either it's a bug or it's a flat 50%DR.

The two are unrelated things, just putting them in one post for convenience.

Bolt- weapons

Lately I've been leveling my Boltor, currently Rank 9, and it's been rather god-tier for me. A quick-click to launch 3 bolts will drop Grineer Trash mobs at lvl20-ish, 90% of the time. The "Bolts 2slow4me, cant lead targets gud" is easily overcome by, well, not shooting at moving targets which, lets face it, except for the Infested, most targets will not be moving often, or with much dexterity. So, that's a thing. On to my next point... The Bolt- weapons seems to work excellent with a melee-focused play style. What I'd do, is just fire 1-2 bolts at an enemy to stagger them (Thank you rediculous stagger effect) and that allows you to close the distance very reliably.

Edit: Obligatory "Crit related nodes are useless!" rant.

Melee Units

This is mostly about the Grineer Space-mans who enjoy fisticuffing, and or sawknifefists.

They aren't a threat at all. I would link a video showing me kiting a Grineer Sawman through the entire level, just havn't gotten around to recording it. I didn't outrun it, or outmanuever it. I simply walked away from it at a brisk pace and it was always decently close, but never a threat to me.

They've got to go through some sort of change, either upping their speed and dexterity, or increasing the rate that they spawn at. Say, instead of spawning in a group of one for instance, they'd spawn in a group of 3 or more.

I know how you feel bro , damn.. they really need to speed up those bolt's.. i wasted a mag shooting 4 Grineer and i only killed 1-2 Grineer .. >.< they really need to speed up those bolts Boltor is a good weapon.. but the bolts doesnt travel that fast that the enemy AI can evade or hit when standing the reticle is unpredictable.. somtimes u really need to aim far left or far right of the reticle just to hit those AI =__=

I know how you feel bro , damn.. they really need to speed up those bolt's..

Okay, so it seems everyone is reading a different post than what I said.

THE BOLT SPEED IS NOT A PROBLEM FOR ME AT ALL. It's laughable how easy it is to hit enemies if you stop for a split second to think about your shot. Nowhere in the entire OP did I say that the bolts were too slow. They're perfect.