Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova's Antimatter Drop

Quirkybeav

Nova's antimatter drop seems to be too powerful. Recently, in private solo play, I did 20,000 damage to the J3 Golem and instantly killed him (I was shooting the orb with a level 15 potatoed Braton). While I love trying to maximize my own power, this seems broken. Does anyone else feel this way, or has anyone else experienced this? Is the J3 Golem particularly squishy? Personally, I like the idea behind the ball, but one-shotting a boss seems to take away from the game.

Oh hey, that's pretty impressive! I was just hoping to generate discussion on whether it should be changed. Hopefully I'm not stealing your thunder, I was just immensely surprised when I did so much damage, and wanted to know what the community thought about the purpose of such a powerful ability. Are there other non-4 powers this strong?

I think a good nerf would be to slightly increase it's speed. That way we can use it in the thick of combat more easily, as well as make it so you can't impart as much damage to it. If that's not enough, also reduce the amount of damage it exudes as well.

Considering you can easily do 20k burst with banshee or rhino(heck you can do that with kunai/despair in a clip), i don't think antimatter drop is your problem.

Its a good skill, and amazingly great once you poor ammo into it,but...........its not like any of the bosses can't already be demolished with a single sonar or a roar, or half a dozen "dps" weapons.

Imo it shouldn't be controllable, just go in a straight line and be able to be detonated whenever we want. It'd take off some of the awkwardness of needing it to hit the floor to explode. 

That, and the damage is wonky as hell. It's not consistent at all.

Thanks for the responses, guys! One person mentioned the comparable damage output form a single clip from some of the better, and obviously modded, weapons as well as some warframe abilities. Further, most of the time it is awkward to use, especially if you're in the thick of things, or tight corridors. Still, the x4 damage modification is ridiculous, and I wonder what will happen on soon to come larger area tile sets, Grineer homeworld/land specifically. 

I think it's fine, besides the latency issues. I've gotten 55,000 damage out of it using and acrid, which was ultimately satisfying.

It's awkward to use yes, but it takes practice and skill to use properly.This makes it much more fun than a skill like ember's fireball, which is aim, press 1, and done.

I think it's a great power and should be left alone, or at least made faster as someone else said. But latency issues definitely need to be fixed.