Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boss Ideas!

(PSN)Lilybad

Okay. So, there are a lot of bosses in this game. But I have some new ideas for bosses and some ideas for Infested/Corrupted bosses.

Idea 1- Infested Lech Kril

The idea is simple. It's just as the name suggests. Lech Kril but Infested. Of course there has to be a back story behind this idea. Kril was visiting Doctor Tengus and, because he's not a very smart Grineer, he opens a chamber of Infestation, and becomes Infested. He goes on a rampage through the secret base of Doctor Tengus, killing all Grineer in sight. Of course, the elusive Tengus escapes. He doesn't have his own planet, as other bosses do. He just has a side quest where you defeat him, and as a reward, get his Infested hammer. (That's a post for later.)

Idea 2- Hyena X1

This Hyena is a new model, found by Corpus soldiers in Alad V's lab, after he became Infested. The Corpus engineers did some tweaking, and gave this Hyena every weapon that the previous Hyenas had. (Not a very smart idea, considering that every Hyena model so far has been defeated, but, I mean, they are Corpus...) You can find this boss on Corpus ships, in special rooms. (Planets with level 25+ enemies) 

Idea 3- Doctor Tengus, at last!

So, this involves a quest. (Like above, a post for another time. So here's a summary.) You find out where Doctor Tengus's lab has been all along! It's in a MASSIVE Grineer ship, impossibly close to the sun. You get onto the ship, and are surrounded by high level Grineer soldiers. Ordis shoots right at the wall behind them sucking them into space, while you make a hasty retreat into the next room. As you can tell, this explosion lets Tengus know you are there. He sends Grineer soldiers at you until you get to the room where he is. These are the stages.

Stage 1- You fight him on the first platform, until he gets to 50% health.

Stage 2- He jumps up to the second platform, breaks open the windows on the first platform, and turns on the shields so he isn't affected by the atmosphere. As you get to the second platform, thanks to your handy Archwing, he summons his creations, the Grustrag 3, to fight you. After killing them, he jumps back down to the first level, and summons a Grineer-made Archwing.

Stage 3- After you jump down into space to fight him, he brings out his weapons. A Archwing version of the Twin Grakatas and a Jat Kusar. After killing him, you have to fly back into the ship, do a mini sabotage so his ship blows up (along with all his experiments) and then quickly leave after killing as many Grineer soldiers as you can. (This is part of a minigame! You have 3 minutes to get off the ship while trying to kill as many Grineer as possible. 1-50 = 5k Credits ~ 51-100 = 7k Credits & 500 Endo ~ 101- 200 = 10k Credits, 1k Endo and the BP for Tengus's Archwing Grakatas, you can still buy this from the market for 25k credits, but I mean, this is FREE!)

That's all for today! I'll try to get the quest ideas up soon! 

okay: 

Orokin boss idea: Ancient controller (aka the acncients neural network)

You don't fight the boss directly, but instead you have to fend off waves of ancients while the lotus finds a weakpoint in the network and tells you to hack it, after that the ancients seem to become more irratic, after 2 weak points are destroyed the ancients limp in pain, after the third weakpoint, they all die, completing the mission

10 hours ago, highisaac123 said:

okay: 

Orokin boss idea: Ancient controller (aka the acncients neural network)

You don't fight the boss directly, but instead you have to fend off waves of ancients while the lotus finds a weakpoint in the network and tells you to hack it, after that the ancients seem to become more irratic, after 2 weak points are destroyed the ancients limp in pain, after the third weakpoint, they all die, completing the mission

That's actually a really good idea. Thanks for contributing.

Hmmmm. . . I dunno how I feel about the first two, but, that third bit? Mmm mmmm, I wouldn't mind that showing up in game, especially with the lack of Tengus mentions in game lately. That, and the Tengu being a name for a flying maliciously mischievous entity from Japanese folklore instantly makes me want him to have a flamboyantly Eastern accent where he stumbles over words in ways that make Ruk's occasional stumbling look like college lectures.

Edited by Unus

On 10/1/2017 at 4:49 PM, INight00 said:

The Sergeant Reworked.

I wish. The Sergeant is such an easy boss fight. I get it's meant to be like that because it's not on a high level planet, but if it could have something else added to it? Like stages or different powers or something. 

On 10/8/2017 at 7:52 PM, (PS4)Lilybad said:

I wish. The Sergeant is such an easy boss fight. I get it's meant to be like that because it's not on a high level planet, but if it could have something else added to it? Like stages or different powers or something. 

I wouldn't mind seeing The Sergeant have 'abilities' similar to Vauban.
Corpus gadget-guy. Spawns Ratels, Mines, Forcefields a corpus sentry gun that we may never see....

Although... Corpus Snipers can spawn Ratels. Would be neat if Grineer Snipers could spawn rollers / seeking grenades / mini turrets?- Kela De Thaym / decoys / something different.