Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Mods Take Too Much To Level

MasashiCE

Before I begin, I would like to say that this is MY OPINION. Just because you have a different opinion from me, doesn't mean that we all can't get along ok? Now my gripe is with some mods taking too much resources (credits, other mods, fusion cores) to max out. I've been working on serration for about 2 weeks and I usually play around 5-8+ hours a day. It has took me around a week to go from level 6 to level 7. I estimate that it took around 300+ mods and around 150,000+ credits. As I was fusing the mod, I noticed that when I clicked on a fusion core that was rare 5, the bar went up a few pixels. To me that was insane (in a bad way). So my idea is to lower the amount of resources it would take to level up these few mods (serration, redirection, vitality, steel fiber, etc)  that would otherwise take absurd amounts of time and effort to level. Thank you for reading!

Edit: After reading all the replies, I have to say you guys really do have some good viewpoints and reasons why it shouldn't be tampered with. My point of view is simply that it costs alot but everyone gave good reasons why. So with that said, I will try to learn to live with it and I will say that DE could at least have something in the market to help with getting the last few levels for mods. Just a suggestion. Thank you!

Edited by MasashiCE

You cry when you only got from 6-7? I am stuck with 9-10 for about 2 months ( i have other mods for frames and weapons that need maxing ). And i got 2 other serration to 7 and 8. So, you will learn to live with demands of mod maxing. Mods are good as it is.

Do you have any idea how much power a maxed serration adds to a gun?
It's not something meant to be easy.

That said, I'm not sure if it's quite that difficult, my Serration is Rank 7 and Hornet strike is Rank 9, I have been playing since Update 7, though not as much as you on a daily basis, and I have many high leveled mods.

You can't compare the amount of mods Serration takes to level to, for example, Killing Blow or reflex coil, as those mods only have 5 ranks.

300+ mods for one level to another? Heh.

Either way, yeah, fusing mods can be quite a pain. I had about 2,5k mods until I finally decided to touch the new mod system - which wasn't too long ago. I was afraid it would be too costly and it was. To level up a mod quickly, you need a lot of equal mods and I had a lot of them but most mods that I upgraded, usually took away all the other similar mods away, plus a few more cores along the way.

Now I have almost no Uncommon 5 fusion cores and what still needs upgrading for other items is not going to be possible.

They are supposed to take a rather absurd amount of time to max out.

It's not like the mod isn't useful sooner.

i have to agree and mods such as redirection and vitality which make you very hard to kill are worth maxing out even if it does take it a long time iv got my redirection at rank 8 almost there there :)

i like that some things in the game take a long time. if everything was instant gratification i'd give up and move on.

if ALL mods took this much effort, i'd be very unhappy with it, but since it only effects a small amount of the mods, i think it's fine.

I don't think we should decrease the res needed to level up mods. That high level mods help a lot (damage or shields/hp) so good stats are meant to be hard earned. Costs of more than 50000 are peanuts because you need a lot of mods. I have managed to max my redirection. It took about 130 Fusion Cores to bring the mod from lvl 8 to 9 and more than 230 to get the last level (I put in loads of redirection mods, too). Now it's time for me to level the damage mods from the rifle and the pistol :)

At least we don't need millions of XP to level one weapon or warframe.

I like the current system. Its mean you have something long term to work towards.

Its not like it is necessary to have maxed out serration mod. It's a luxury, you can still do T3 defense without it.

My secondary only has 100% on hornets and it still destroys enemies very well even at T3 defenses.

You cry when you only got from 6-7? I am stuck with 9-10 for about 2 months ( i have other mods for frames and weapons that need maxing ). And i got 2 other serration to 7 and 8. So, you will learn to live with demands of mod maxing. Mods are good as it is.

That is your opinion and I respect it. Mods are good for the most part. I just feel that maxing out mods that go beyond level 7 gets too grindy for my taste.

Do you have any idea how much power a maxed serration adds to a gun?

It's not something meant to be easy.

That said, I'm not sure if it's quite that difficult, my Serration is Rank 7 and Hornet strike is Rank 9, I have been playing since Update 7, though not as much as you on a daily basis, and I have many high leveled mods.

You can't compare the amount of mods Serration takes to level to, for example, Killing Blow or reflex coil, as those mods only have 5 ranks.

I agree that a maxed out serration adds a great deal of power and I'm all for not making it easy. However, right now it just feels like a chore to level it up.

Tha amount of necessary mods of the same type is raisng by squares.

1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024. And it'll raise mod level by 11.

Thanks for the info.

you get the most from cores and other serration mods.. when leveling serration that is.. now u get half that when u use mods from the primary weapon slot and 1/4 from everything else.. try and just match mods instead of taking 1 type of mod to upgrade another.. its way more efficient to match mods.. 100%-300% :)

I maxed: serration, hornet strike, steel fiber, vitality and redirection. It certainly doable to max out rank 10 mods but do not expect it to be quick or by any definition easy. My advice is stop at rank 8 and work on getting everything essential you need before you even work on getting anyone of them past 9.