Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some missions are so terribly designed that you can't achieve them without looking for explanation outside of the game

Free4rt

1) The quest with the Cephalon Simaris where you have to scan 3 arid elite soldiers :
- The quest doesn't tell to buy the items you should buy and where. 
- I wasted 2 days, repeating, visiting all corners of the same level without finding the target. Why ? Because your f``cking arid soldier doesn't appear at all if you don't watch through the scanner before meeting him.
- The mission itself is so boring, the worst mission so far. Instead of spreading it through different levels, you force the player to play the same thing over and over, without understanding the hidden rules of the quest. 

2) The junction to Uranus ask you to create a "Clé épave" in french (apparently "derilect key" in english) which doesn't match or explain AT ALL the object you have to craft from the market. Why the hell you ask for a "clé épave" when the object in the end is called "épave orokin X" ????

Mindless grindy missions and poorly designed quests that don't explain correctly what they want from you are the fundamental issues of your game. I'm sure dozen of thousands players ran away from Warframe because of this. Get your sh`t together seriously, this is not acceptable.

Edited by Free4rt

1. as far as i know the quest asks you to synthesize the enemies
    and you should know this mechanic thanks to the tutorial from cephalon simaris
    skipping tutorials is usually a bad decision and if you ask me people should be forced to read and play all tutorials the first time they encounter a new mechanic
    but yeah i agree it could be slightly more clear
  2. sounds like a translation mistake to me

you should have known that warframe is a grind game
every review on the internet mentions this and all players will tell u the same
yes warframe is and will always be a grind game

but hey i like the grind

Edited by Weidro

Cephalon Simiras tells you straight away if there's a scan target on the map you are doing if you have the equipment in your gear wheel. If you do his tutorial he gives you your first 5 scanners and traps, as this is a SIDE QUEST, you dont have to actively look for the target as 9/10 times it will be somewhere along the path to your selected mission.

The target has a blue aura around it to help you identify it aswell so as far as that goes im not sure why you are getting frustrated.

With some basic interest in the world types you will know where the different enemies are and finding your scan targets will be super easy then

I agree with Simaris' quest the new strange. It's not clear that the target was gonna stand out with that blue highlight, and that you can't just count scans from other arid soldiers. This wastes time trying to scan non-targets.  

Like you, I didn't know better until I searched Warframe Wiki out of sheer frustration. And just this afternoon I had to explain it in chat to another player.

Thing is, on other games this happens too when you get stuck; it's a necessary evil. But it def stops momentum and it ruins immersion. 

• 1 month later...