Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Havoc - The War Engine [w/ Concept Art]

(PSN)VoidVox_

43 minutes ago, Iamabearlulz said:

While I am disappointed that Fortify is gone, its absence leaves room for the Warframe I've been thinking of.

As a side note: Why is anyone looking for something remotely realistic in Warframe?

Fact is stranger then fiction.

Believe it or not,
most of the powers so far in Warframe are plausible to an extent today,
and in a few years, even more-so.

Cloth that reflects light making the wearer invisible,
magnet powered tubes that can move things the speed of light,
lasers that can freeze things, light-bulbs that shine brighter then the sun,
piles of atoms that can form into almost any shape, self repairing cars,
physical manipulation of objects using light!
Science is Magic!

• Like 1

On 2018-07-12 at 5:44 PM, General_Durandal said:

Power 1: the cannon should be mounted on his shoulder or back for better anchorage.
Having a howitzer attached to a dangling thing such as an arm would IRL rip it off the body.
But this also allows him to have instead of one exalted gun on his shoulder, two guns on his wrists, that could act as a dual-smg exalted 2ndary.
This would make it so a new weapon type wouldn't have to be made just for him, which would greatly reduce work time.
Perhaps the howitzer can be a Blunderbuss instead, and you reload it with scraps of metal and junk that break off enemy armor and containers.
That way getting ammo from enemies killed by it would make more sense. Who carries howitzer shells in their pocket?
Also howitzer shell travels at 1600mps, meters per second, faster then most bullets, so it being slow isn't realistic, but that's just nitpicking.

Power 2: I like this one, but I think it should be power 1 instead of 2.

Power 3: Exalted weapons need to be the 4th power, but as a shoulder mounted gun, wouldn't disable the use of hand-held weapons,
so instead of an exalted weapon, perhaps just a turret attached to the shoulder, that'll attack close enemies like your sentinel.

Power 4: So it gives infinite ammo for a duration, and a heat proc AoE if fully charged.
Not 4th powerful. Should be power 2 or 3 at most.

Passive: Doesn't really fit the theme of the frame very well. If he was a grenadier, or bomber, then yeah.
Should be a built-in Fired Up mod effect that effects all his guns and powers.

Heat Meter: How does "150% rounds fired refunded as ammo to Havoc and allies" work?
150% off bullets give ammo instead of take ammo? So 100% give a bullet, and 50% give two bullets?
The numbers should be smaller, 25% at level 1, 50% at level 2, 75% at level 3.

~

A little clunky in setup, but I like the overall idea.

Had a new idea last night that uses Scrap stacks to not just explain the ammunition forging, but also add a method of survivability to his playstyle. Refining it now, then will update the post to get feedback

• Like 1

Update: Swapped out Howitzer for Tempest. Gave names to Havoc's two exalted weapons. Added stacking mechanic to enhance survivability. Changed passive to enhance survivability. Increased armor and shields, and reduced energy. Swapped out missile silo mechanic for new scrap metal mechanic.

Darn. That scrap mechanic is almost exactly what I had come up with for the frame that I'm working on (but haven't posted yet). Still, major overhaul (again), nice to see that you're working on this and trying to keep a consistent theme.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Iamabearlulz said:

Darn. That scrap mechanic is almost exactly what I had come up with for the frame that I'm working on (but haven't posted yet). Still, major overhaul (again), nice to see that you're working on this and trying to keep a consistent theme.

Getting harder to avoid similarities, definitely. There's so many war-machine style concepts being worked on right now

Absolutely still working on it yeah. This stuff keeps me busy since I don't have the art skills to actually draw up a concept. I've got an artist on DeviantArt that says he's got a commission slot opening up soon, so hoping he can work on something for me.

7 hours ago, (PS4)NnCrusader3 said:

aw what happened to the slash on his 1? and also I just noticed you don't have casting costs for the abilities, unless I missed them

His 1 never indicated slash? I haven't written up stats for Twin Tempra yet.

You're probably thinking of the stats for Grimex, his 4. I did swap the puncture and slash stats on that. I chose to have puncture as the main stat on this one because it is effective against armor, and the status proc, which reduces an enemy's damage output by 30%, would be helpful in suppressing enemies and protecting Havoc. The plan is to make Twin Tempra more slash focused with higher status chance and lower crit chance. Also looking at ways to make it a fully-equippable exalted mode, instead of just the one quick attack animation.

Working on an update to the power kit. New ideas that will hopefully streamline and simplify abilities, and open up an ability slot for something new. I have an idea that I think will help him and his squadmates deal with certain aspects of enemy scaling, but if anyone has an ability that you think would fit Havoc well, feel free to post it.

So would he have one arm with a larger gun and all three sentries always on his back? Or would he basically be summoning the sentries and the larger gun when he switches exalted weapons?

An idea for the third ability would be to switch the first ability to thr third and make the first ability something to do with the missiles.. maybe fire a volley of missiles that attatch to enemies and explodes when you press the ability again? Just an idea.. something else to use those missiles 😉

2 hours ago, SirSovereign said:

So would he have one arm with a larger gun and all three sentries always on his back? Or would he basically be summoning the sentries and the larger gun when he switches exalted weapons?

An idea for the third ability would be to switch the first ability to thr third and make the first ability something to do with the missiles.. maybe fire a volley of missiles that attatch to enemies and explodes when you press the ability again? Just an idea.. something else to use those missiles 😉

Grimex would be stored flush against his back and raise up to fire in turret mode. when switching to equip it, he would just pull it off with a similar animation to the exissting one we use to draw our primary. Twin Tempra would be stored in the shoulders, like shoulder pads sort of, and would fire from each shoulder in turret mode. when equipping, they would slide down the arms to mount along the wrist/forearm area.

I was thinking the last ability would be some sort of utility, but more guns/explosives never hurt XD

1 hour ago, SirSovereign said:

Sounds cool, and definitely makes sense for Grimex.. didnt even think of him just taking it off lol..

And I'm just throwing around ideas lol. I keep thinking something needs changed on mine, but idk what 

whenever i run out of ideas for mine for now, ill hop on over and see if i can throw some ideas around with ya

third ability is a new type... needs more to it, but I know it's a WIP.

Did the math on both the exalted weapons. It's hard to balance them a bit since they will both be firing at the same time, and it seems pretty good... it's "only" about 80k burst dps together (when you use hunter munitions on primary) but that could just as well be balanced by the fact that you could be proccing viral and slash with primary while you proc corrosion with the wrist smgs.. damage would be lower, but possibly worth it to give up damage for status on primary to involve viral more (with lower slash damage)

Altogether I love this frame 🙂 perfect for taking on large hordes of enemies while not being too op against single targets.. Would be cool to see him bullet jumping while his back sentry keeps firing lol

On 2018-07-24 at 12:00 AM, SirSovereign said:

third ability is a new type... needs more to it, but I know it's a WIP.

Did the math on both the exalted weapons. It's hard to balance them a bit since they will both be firing at the same time, and it seems pretty good... it's "only" about 80k burst dps together (when you use hunter munitions on primary) but that could just as well be balanced by the fact that you could be proccing viral and slash with primary while you proc corrosion with the wrist smgs.. damage would be lower, but possibly worth it to give up damage for status on primary to involve viral more (with lower slash damage)

Altogether I love this frame 🙂 perfect for taking on large hordes of enemies while not being too op against single targets.. Would be cool to see him bullet jumping while his back sentry keeps firing lol

Good to hear that the math checks out.

I based some of the stats on existing similar weapons. Twin Tempra was a blend of akstilleto prime and Dex Furis. Grimex was a cross between Braton Prime and Tenora. 

Damage numbers were adjusted slightly higher but not much, since his 4 will give a boost based on power strength on top of exalted weapon modding.

On 2018-06-28 at 8:01 AM, (PS4)warhero229 said:

Possibly found an artist to commission for concept art, so may have artwork of Havoc ready before too long.

This artist's commission slots have opened up, so resuming talks with him. I of course have my own ideas for how Havoc might look, and I'll probably give the artist quite a bit of freedom to interpret this post and create a design how he sees fits but if anyone has any thoughts on how you think Havoc would look feel free to share and we can pass them along to the artist.

Though I'm hesitant to do a big artwork reveal while the forums have this view count bug going on.