Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limited Melee On Missions

RedPsyche

I'm tired of seeing people just spam with their melee weapons in almost every lobby. I understand that it is your backup weapon (seeing as it needs no ammo) and it's meant to be something you can reliably fall back onto if you're out of ammo.

But sometimes it's just ridiculous.

What if there was a decrease in damage after a certain number of hits? Say for example with a brand new Scindo, you get 50 base damage per hit, but after a certain number of melee hits (actually hitting the enemy, not just swinging), the base drops to 40 base damage (or whatever people think is fair).

Or DE could make the base damage drop even lower after the required number of hits and have item drops that could refill this melee hit bar (drop rate could be similar to sniper ammo?) so the base damage would return to normal.

(Idea came from a friend who watched me run through a couple defense missions. He immediately told me that the Tenno's melee weapons would be so damaged after every mission, unless every one was made of super material)

This would require you to kind of plan out boss missions or even regular missions, insteading of running and mindlessly slashing.

Implementing this would mean that melee weapons would increase their melee cap with every level and maybe create a mod to increase it as well.

Thoughts or critique?

I understand where you're coming from... and i agree to the extent that Melee needs to be looked at, but very much not in this way... more in the 'all one handed weapons need to be buffed' way. 

I can't say i support this idea... although if DE felt that it should be implemented, I do understand... I do love the Monster Hunter series' sharpness mechanic...

They are likely trying to level their melee weapons, which, in all honesty, VASTLY outnumber all other equip types.

It may be that that's all they have left to level and are trying to get mastery.

Melee is already painful to level. Please don't make it worse.

Edited by AureusVulpes

Many, many people already believe melee is weak is higher levels so this would be horrendous for them.

This also seems very much opinionated on how you play. Thus meaning not all of us should play like you.

Also, about the melee weapons breaking, not be offend anybody, but this game already has a large amount of unrealistic content, and players accept that so there is no need to attempt to make anything more realistic.

not getting any upvotes from me i'm afraid i like the hand to hand weapons find them more fun than the shooting tbh , and i rely on it for my armour ignore in my loadout.

as for realism why do the bullets left in a magazine magically move to another one when i reload? 

That idea is nonsensical. Do you seriously want to nerf the least viable playstyle in the game? Why would our damage decrease anyway, that's just illogical. I don't even see what your problem is with people playing the game the way they want to.

I've read your post multiple times and to be perfectly honest, I have no idea what the problem you have with them is other than, people want to use their melee weapon and you find that distasteful. Okay. I'll leave you to that.

I would disagree with this idea, because my melee weapon is as much a matter of utility as damage. It kills trash without wasting ammo, and it delivers AoE damage, stun, and knockdown at critical moments. If I had to pick between running a mission without guns and running without melee, I'd choose to forego the gun (unless said gun was the flux rifle). Melee is just more fun.