The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

The game stutters with GPU load dips in any location [PoE]

mnkoprt

In-game FPS counter keeps at 60. Sometimes it jumps to 70+, despite V-Sync being enabled. So looks like the game either doesn't get the data to calculate these dips or doesn't account for it.

I later tried checking nVidia overlay FPS, it shows drops to 37 FPS, but I think it displays an SMA value over a few seconds.

9 hours ago, mnkoprt said:

The game stutters every few seconds with GPU load going from ~75% to 0%. There are no CPU usage spikes nor fan spool up.

Hi mnkoprt,

Can you try disabling Nvidia Share via. the GeForce Experience settings? Do you still experience these same freezes?

Also, you might want to make sure that your GPU's power management mode is set to "Prefer maximum performance".

NvidiaPower011.png.390d39264d4f88a9ca1c1312d143634f.png

Hello Dmitri,

I've disabled the in-game overlay—google suggests that's the equivalent of disabling share in newer GeForce Experience—and set the power management mode to the maximum performance, but the stutter remains. I didn't notice any change in its nature either.

On 10/13/2017 at 4:45 PM, [DE]Dmitri said:

Can you try disabling Nvidia Share via. the GeForce Experience settings? Do you still experience these same freezes?

The solution was so windows specific that I seriously didn't even consider it. I turned it off and back on again.

It started with me looking into performance monitor and noticing that netsvc service proxy constantly consumed CPU. After a few attempts to fix it, I decided to reboot this PC first time in almost eight months. Problem disappeared.