The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buying Plat Not With Steam!

Sgt_Bug

Question

so i am on the steam version and i want to buy platinum but when i go to the store i keep getting directed to the steam wallet were i do not want to add fund ffs! were can i purchase through paypal and not steam?  

25 answers to this question

If you made your account through the game website, you can use the other methods. If you made your account through steam to play warframe then you must use steam wallet. They havent really found a fix for it yet.

I do play the game through steam and I can still pay in other options besides steam wallet.

Edited by Dtexas

well how do i remove my link from steam as i do not wish to go throuigh them when purchasing ingame addons (Platinum) i purcahse stuff like this with paypal 

how can i do this phone method? please explain if possible?>

I haven't used steam wallet but i buy things on steam through paypal... can't you add money to the wallet from paypal then use it to buy plat?

You can use paypal to add funds to your steam wallet. Steam accepts paypal purchases.

Also, if you make your warframe account through steam, you can not use any other purchase method than the steam wallet. There's no way to undo the steam link to your account.

The only thing you can do is make a new account through the Warframe site, though you won't have anything from your Steam-made account.

Also, if you make your warframe account through steam, you can not use any other purchase method than the steam wallet. There's no way to undo the steam link to your account.

The only thing you can do is make a new account through the Warframe site, though you won't have anything from your Steam-made account.

that a little stupid i played other free-2-play games through steam and i allways used my phone to buy the in-game money, warframe is the 1º that dont let me do it.. yay i cant buy plat and some of my friends are in the same place that me (sorry devs i love your game but i  cant suport you the steam dont want me to ) yupi dopii do -.-"

You can buy plat, through the stated methods, choosing not to is totally up to you.

but if you like the game it seems odd that you'd handicap yourself.

no i cant, i dont have a bank account or debit\credit card and even if I had the money game cards arent sold in my city\country and i'm unemployed so paypal is out of question  i only have the money from my mobile phone and steam dont accepted payments made by mobile phone so i´m stuck with no way to buy plat because the only method the steam players have is through steam wallet.

Edited by DRACO_VANWOLF

no i cant, i dont have a bank account or debit\credit card and even if I had the money game cards arent sold in my city\country and i'm unemployed so paypal is out of question  i only have the money from my mobile phone and steam dont accepted payments made by mobile phone so i´m stuck with no way to buy plat because the only method the steam players have is through steam wallet.

What I don't get is how people can afford to pay with their phone accounts, and not be able to afford paying with a debit card, credit card or bank account through paypal.

Who pays your phone bills? Your parents? Ask them to buy you some platinum.

What I don't get is how people can afford to pay with their phone accounts, and not be able to afford paying with a debit card, credit card or bank account through paypal.

lol, using the monthly/weekly money from ur parent is the good idea and the way to not "scolded" by ur parent lol :D

i pay my phone bills all 10€\ 10$ montly (and the money stays in may phone) and my food and all my other bill (gas water meds etc) so yes i dont have a way to afford a debit card, credit card, bank account and i dont have parents to pay my bill if u have a job or parents to pay yours you are lucky.

Edited by DRACO_VANWOLF

Seriously, I don't understand what the problem is, it's more than alright for me, not having any problems or anything.

theres no problem i only think that all players even steam players sould have all payment option available for them because theres some that only can use some methods like me and some other players i know.

i pay my phone bills all 10€\ 10$ montly (and the money stays in may phone) and my food and all my other bill (gas water meds etc) so yes i dont have a way to afford a debit card, credit card, bank account and i dont have parents to pay my bill if u have a job or parents to pay yours you are lucky.

I still don't see why you can't take some of the money you put into your phone and put it into a bank account instead.

Checking accounts, and debit cards, cost exactly $0. The only requirement they often have is that you usually have to open the account with $25 or $50, but after that point you can have any amount in your account you want--you could take all the money out right after opening your account if you want. So not being able "to afford a debit card [or] bank account" isn't an excuse.

So not being able "to afford a debit card [or] bank account" isn't an excuse.

And even if it were the case that you cant afford such should you be buying platinum in the place? I highly doubt it.

Also, I can recommend Paysafecard. Quite useful and you can handle things with cash.

Edited by Teriuchi

And even if it were the case that you cant afford such should you be buying platinum in the place? I highly doubt it.

Sorry, I couldn't understand a word of that sentence. Everyone can afford a basic checking account and get a debit card. There are a lot of banks that have free checking account services, and only require the person to open an account and deposit a little bit of money. So to say someone "Can't afford" a free checking account is something I can't believe.

I am aware of that. However, as he argues that hes problem is that he cant afford some option why is he desperately seeking to buy platinum. If you are low on cash and dont even live at your parents you probably shouldnt be putting your last €€ into electrical goods on a game. Just saying.

i need to have a phone, my house dont have a phone so i have a mobile phone, the montly charge its 10 bucks and my tight budget is for food and other bills but the good thing is that the money i  need to put in my phone (so he dont get cut off) stays in my phone until i spent it and in my country phone numres from the same operator have free calls and text message so i rarely spend money from the phone that why i can use the phone to buy plat because i need the phone i dont know how is in your country but in my if u loking for a job u need a phone to get called if a offer appers and one more thing the banks in my country dont give "free" bank acounts especially to unenployed ppl.

Edited by DRACO_VANWOLF

Can you pay for your food or other bills with your phone?  If yes, do that and get a prepaid card.  If not, this is just another in a long line of disappointment.

no i pay with cash "live" cash the only "virtual" money i have is 10bucks in my phone every month.

Sorry to hear you are having this trouble.

I understand what you are saying, and I kind of agree, the fact that you are forced to go through steam cause you made your account there, when other options are avaliable is kind of dumb, but it is what it is:\ Hopefully you find a job soon so you can get a credit card and sort it out so you can buy plat that way :) Hope things work out for you mate.