Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, how is the open world for you guys?

Nailliw

having actual not random map is alot more fun, gara quest was ok like others, but i didnt like how they locked for no spoilers some room behind gara quest which was pointless, eidalon fight well that was preaty cool, but becouse i didnt do gara quest first i was useless most of fight so we got him by 50%, bounties anoying to go back and choose them again, rewards not that good, fishing fun, mining anoying like i say it will be and hard to see in light, huge map is pointless and anoying, i dont get why first fishing and mining tools locked and not free so you could start gathering right away

The standing grind is terrible it takes way too freaking long both for the ostron standing and quill standing,the bounty reward table is saturated with junk making it next to impossible to get what you want,you cant replay the bounties for rewards instead you wait for them to reset,the eidolon fight is cool,the open world is cool too.

BUT SERIOUSLY CHANGE THE RATE YOU GET STANDING AND REMOVE SOME OF THE CRAPPY COMMON REWARDS FROM BOUNTIES IM TIRED OF SEEING THE GRIND LEVEL INCREASE WITH EVERY UPDATE

8 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

That's not a real open world, it's like MGS5, everything in the game just happens to be in the same big map. An open world is like FO4 or TES5, which consists a lot of interactions and quests, but DE did very good on this nonetheless considering they had limited time and resources. They should add more random events and small quests to fill the empty space, and fix the matchmaking system which is broken AF before move on to a new plain.

Yeah pretty much like MGSV only there are more frequent enemy encounters and resource gathering is a bit more intuitive.

9 hours ago, Nailliw said:

I think I had my expectations too high, because the open world just feels like a normal dungeon to me, just bigger.
1- Invite your group to the squad

2- Go to the open world (which is basically a big dungeon, it might be hard for some to realize this, but just think about it for a minute, it's just a very big dungeon, there are even walls around it blocking your way for exploring any further)

3- Extract after completing mission

And I think people can't even join you, I think what people wanted was to kill those big Eidolon robots with at least 20 people around it by finding other groups in the open area doing other stuff and maybe interact with them somehow.
Also, the new area, the town right before the open world, that's pretty much just another relay.

And the open world doesn't even feel like open world, when you go to outside, the door doesn't just open, you get teleported to a dungeon instance (your game even caps at 30 fps at the moment, then the same also happens when you are extracting, you're getting teleported back to the relay.

Don't get me wrong though lol, I'm still enjoying this, I just wanted to hear some opinions on this matter.

yeah, I love it heaps. It's super enjoyable. But that's cause I knew exactly what was going on.

number 4? (part after number 3), you mention that people thought it was open world with heaps of other squads. This was NEVER the case. The explicitly stated so many times that it was a max 4 players, in a relatively small world. They never even called it open world, they wanted people to call it the plains. Because that's what they are. Because I knew this, it meant I wasn't overhyping myself for this.

I absolutely am in love with this update, and I'm not disappointed by anything cause I never overhyped or even hyped up at all really.