Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DirectX installer included by Warframe.msi installer asks for admin credentials with UAC enabled

Charcoa

As the title says, DirectX installer included by Warframe.msi installer asks for admin credentials with UAC enabled(have not tried disabled).

The installer doesn't give a UAC prompt but rather a popup from the installer asks to input admin username and password.
This is rather suspect behavior and shouldn't be needed or happen.

I denied the prompt as I didn't trust it.
I hopefully already have a working DirectX

Edited by Charcoa
added more information

i tried to update the game today never had a problem .... my version is not through steam...

but I have same problem as O.P. 

game should not require Admin Access to operate this is a security risk

fix it please or will not be coming back

The whole point of locking things down with UAC is to prevent less computer savvy or half asleep people from accidentally installing crap on their machine by clicking through an installer without proper attention. If the Direct X installer needs to check or update Direct X, it needs to ask the Windows Installer permission, which means checking if UAC will give it permission. This is not a bug, it is by design and the way UAC works to protect your machine. If you are installing something on your machine, you'll need to authorize it to do that with UAC on or otherwise restricted access set up. If DE could just magically skip the permissions, then any malware installer could just do the same.