Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Starting Abilities

EinheriarJudith

Just now, EinheriarJudith said:

thats not a good reason. their low hp and shield also unranked skills are weaker is enough reason for them to lvl up aside from polarizing slots to increase power

Then we might as well get rid of the ability ranking system all together by your logic. This system has been this way since 2013, and hasn't changed. Why would you, instead of getting rid of the entire thing for every frame, just change the starter frames? Then the new players will get confused because they wont have all 4 abilities on their new frame causing even MORE questions to be asked about an already complex game. 

It's a perfectly good reason. And I don't see a reason to change it regardless. 

1 minute ago, Spartan336 said:

Then we might as well get rid of the ability ranking system all together by your logic. This system has been this way since 2013, and hasn't changed. Why would you, instead of getting rid of the entire thing for every frame, just change the starter frames? Then the new players will get confused because they wont have all 4 abilities on their new frame causing even MORE questions to be asked about an already complex game. 

It's a perfectly good reason. And I don't see a reason to change it regardless. 

sorry for any confusion i mean ALL frames starting powers not starter frames.

Just now, EinheriarJudith said:

sorry for any confusion i mean ALL frames starting powers not starter frames.

Hmmm yeah. Sorry for misunderstanding that. But I still don't see a reason to change it.

As a new player it was fun to unlock new abilities and see what they could do. If you're just handed them, it wouldn't be as fun. This is Warframe, so you should grind for it. 

Hmmm yeah. Sorry for misunderstanding that. But I still don't see a reason to change it.

As a new player it was fun to unlock new abilities and see what they could do. If you're just handed them, it wouldn't be as fun. This is Warframe, so you should grind for it. 

again go ahead put a forma in zephyr and trying solo lvling with only tailwind. she isnt the only one try lvling trinity with only well of life. im MR24 the mod cap awarded to me for my time of grinding is almost invalidated by the frame going back to one ability. the frames do not unlock a full power when they unlock they unlock the powers themselves and then ranks of them. it is pointless. to know a frame better is to have access to all that it can do you cannot learn anything from one power. 

1 minute ago, EinheriarJudith said:

again go ahead put a forma in zephyr and trying solo lvling with only tailwind. she isnt the only one try lvling trinity with only well of life. im MR24 the mod cap awarded to me for my time of grinding is almost invalidated by the frame going back to one ability. the frames do not unlock a full power when they unlock they unlock the powers themselves and then ranks of them. it is pointless. to know a frame better is to have access to all that it can do you cannot learn anything from one power. 

2 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

i dont know if you were around before they removed ability mods but you used to be able to have access to all 4 powers. changing it to the new system is fine but they stripped away access to powers for no reason. 

If you were to keep all your powers after you get it to 30 the first time I'd be ok with it. Keeping your powers after a forma would be great. But right of the bat I wouldn't like. Your supposed to discover your abilities, not get them outright. 

Besides, Zephyr's abilities aren't meant for soloing by using them only. Using a level 0 Warframes abilities, even if they had all 4, would be dumb. Just use your weapons.

And I was around back then. I like the new system better. Could be personal taste, but I think it's because discovering abilities is much more fun. 

7 minutes ago, Spartan336 said:

If you were to keep all your powers after you get it to 30 the first time I'd be ok with it. Keeping your powers after a forma would be great. But right of the bat I wouldn't like. Your supposed to discover your abilities, not get them outright. 

Besides, Zephyr's abilities aren't meant for soloing by using them only. Using a level 0 Warframes abilities, even if they had all 4, would be dumb. Just use your weapons.

And I was around back then. I like the new system better. Could be personal taste, but I think it's because discovering abilities is much more fun. 

there are only 3 ways to get warframe xp. 1 using powers. 2 affinity share. 3 objective xp (spy) yes you do get xp by using her powers. the only non solo power she has and this is stretching even that a bit is tornado. turbulence makes her survive where most frames would fall flat on their face and that is the point at which you start gaining decent frame xp. why do you think people use bere to gain xp or akkad or any of those places? the shared xp means they dont have to worry about the short comings of losing  3 powers. there is not a single reason to not have all 4 unranked right at the start.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

11 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

there are only 3 ways to get warframe xp. 1 using powers. 2 affinity share. 3 objective xp (spy) yes you do get xp by using her powers. the only non solo power she has and this is stretching even that a bit is tornado. turbulence makes her survive where most frames would fall flat on their face and that is the point at which you start gaining decent frame xp. why do you think people use bere to gain xp or akkad or any of those places? the shared xp means they dont have to worry about the short comings of losing  3 powers. there is not a single reason to not have all 4 unranked right at the start.

Hydron is the new XP farming place, and you get equal amounts of XP for all your stuff when doing it. You don't have to use abilities to rank up your Warframe. Shared XP is defiantly a thing, but abilities aren't. 

Edited by Spartan336

Hydron is the new XP farming place, and you get equal amounts of XP for all your stuff when doing it. You don't have to use abilities to rank up your Warframe. Shared XP is certifiably a thing, but abilities aren't. 

again you dont have to use abilities because of the shared affinity. without shared or objective affinity the only other way is if you use powers (killing with weapons don't grant you frame affinity while they grant other players affinity because of shared affinity). this isnt just a multiplayer game and i find most of the time when i pug i have more issues than some with squad mates then none, especially on MD with hallway heroes killing outside of affinity range. so will i sometimes take the opportunity to cut out the stupid? answer: yes.

as i said before. having 1 ability at the start is pointless. you dont learn anything and it most certainly doesnt benefit those who have worked their &#! off grinding/ still grinding. 

17 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

again you dont have to use abilities because of the shared affinity. without shared or objective affinity the only other way is if you use powers (killing with weapons don't grant you frame affinity while they grant other players affinity because of shared affinity). this isnt just a multiplayer game and i find most of the time when i pug i have more issues than some with squad mates then none, especially on MD with hallway heroes killing outside of affinity range. so will i sometimes take the opportunity to cut out the stupid? answer: yes.

as i said before. having 1 ability at the start is pointless. you dont learn anything and it most certainly doesnt benefit those who have worked their &#! off grinding/ still grinding. 

On a solo mission your Warframe will still level up without using abilities. 

You don't learn anything, besides "Hey this is how the game works." But you do discover something. Thats how the game works. It's also a part of the grind, hence being called a grind game. As I said I'm all for having all 4 abilities after a forma, but before hand would be a no for me. 

Besides, at the end of the day this is really quite trivial. It wont effect the game much either way, and I think it's more fun the way it currently is.