Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Just Started And I'm Really Bored. Is It Just Me?

Raydiayt

I just beat Cpt. Vol in Mercury, and I'm at around 14k credits right now.

I can't do anything with my arsenal at the moment because I don't have enough credits to buy a new weapon and install a mod.

Excalibur has shown me everything it has, leaving me not too impressed, but I can't get a new warframe due to the costs of getting one.

What do I do? Am I missing out on something or am I doing something wrong or?....

I know it's still in open beta, and I really think this is an amazing game, but I just can't get through the boredom/continuousness of the beginning.

just started the game.

has seen it all.

are you a wizard?

edit: to elaborate. because i might not be clear. at that point you can just start a new account and try one of the other two starter frames.

you can still "see more" so early on. as it doesnt take long to get to that point anyways. my bad for thinking that was obvious.

also if you ARE bored with the game at its core. it might not be for you. happens.

Edited by MetalGerbil

Keep working your way forward, into different areas. Read up on the wiki. Learn where to find blueprints, figure out what thing you want next, (be it weapon or frame) go get it. You'll gain credits and experience and mods over time. It just takes a bit.

just started the game.

has seen it all.

are you a wizard?

Well....no...haha I meant Excalibur itself as a warframe...

I mean, he can jump. And dash forward. and flash people (in a non-obscene way). And impale people with javelins.

....I guess it's the best warframe for beginners for a reason.

The closest Warframe you can get to is Rhino which his parts are dropped by Jackal in Venus [Fossa]. Getting a new Frame to use takes a while to get but it doesn't force you to pay real money to get everything. You can buy the BP of every Warframe in the game. So far, the hardest being Nova.

Weapons can be easier to obtain though. Collecting Materials for some of the BP can be slightly tedious but if you make a game out of it [Pretty much challenge yourself by using no mods in a higher level area] it can be a little more fun than normal... but seeing how you just beat Vor and haven't seen the Corpus or Infested [unless you did Mercury [Larus]], you haven't seen every enemy type yet. Also, there are enemies you can only spot in higher level zones.

Keep working Tenno, you'll soon see a lot more than what first meets the eye.

[Gotta love Transformers references lol]

Kill some more and you see how much Credit you hef Btw

Steps to get some Credit

Unlock the Solar system AKA all maps

Dont sel Mods &BP's (Blue prints)

If your Strong enough your ready to go Void Tier -1-2-3 (modes i dont really mind) but the Credit is high enough to pay the things

for Example 50.000-200.000 Credit

First off, it isn't just you.  But you and other people like you are in the minority.

Second, you haven't exactly done enough to imply an all encompassing statement that you titled your thread with.  You should have gone with "Finished Mercury and not inspired to continue."

Third, Mercury is for the opening scenes.  It's the beginner's stage.  Consider it the tutorial section, or the first 50 hours of Final Fantasy 13.  (Not a typo, though definitely an exaggeration, most people feel the tutorial actually took like 5 hours with a few extra hours of stuff over then next 20 hours after that.)

But you are right, it is a bit difficult to transition to another frame, and Excalibur is a bit simple.  Still, simple does work well which is why Excalibur has been a popular frame.  Straight up abilities, lots of damage.  He isn't the only frame though.

As for if the game can be boring for some people, it can be.  The bosses are different, there are complexities to the missions at times, and secrets to explore, but there is no bonus from the secrets, sometimes the missions can end up about 95% duplicate of a previous run at times(exceptionally rare.).  If you aren't in it mostly for the space ninja action, then the other details might bog down your experience.

you used to be able to get a lot more variety in weapons without having to grind your god damned &#! off but then DE in all their infinite wisdom changed the market place as you see it now. People pointed out that this was bad and would make being a new player a really boring, unfun time. DE plugged their ears and closed their eyes and started to scream "WE'RE RIGHT THIS IS THE BEST THING TO DO" until people stopped bothering. I'm sorry dude, you have to grind forever to get even the S#&$tiest weapons now, and thanks to the recent difficulty increase in update 9, to get any weapons you might actually want you're going to have to farm planets that are way harder than they should be just to get minor amounts of resources the BPs, for weapons you used to be able to buy straight up, demand in obscenely large quantities.

you used to be able to get a lot more variety in weapons without having to grind your god damned &#! off but then DE in all their infinite wisdom changed the market place as you see it now. People pointed out that this was bad and would make being a new player a really boring, unfun time. DE plugged their ears and closed their eyes and started to scream "WE'RE RIGHT THIS IS THE BEST THING TO DO" until people stopped bothering. I'm sorry dude, you have to grind forever to get even the S#&$tiest weapons now, and thanks to the recent difficulty increase in update 9, to get any weapons you might actually want you're going to have to farm planets that are way harder than they should be just to get minor amounts of resources the BPs, for weapons you used to be able to buy straight up, demand in obscenely large quantities.

This, more or less.

Another major barrier to progress is the availability of Orokin Reactors and Orokin Catalysts. Without these, leveling your gear is much more arduous and your gear loses half of its potential. Unfortunately these are very rare, available only in special alert missions which almost only happen at a time of DE's choosing (usually following livestreams) and hardly ever on their on. And that assumes that you've unlocked the planet where the alert mission takes place; they can appear anywhere, so you have to have unlocked the large majority of planets/missions first. And then you only get the blueprints; you have to farm bosses to get the rare materials to craft them.

Alternately, you can purchase them for 20 platinum each, out of your starting 50. Starting platinum is generally considered spent on inventory slots though. Of course, DE's more than happy to accept your real world currency for platinum.

If you decide to stick it through, let me recommend a gear loadout of Braton, Aklato and Orthos. They're cheap (only Orthos needs resources, and they're relatively easy to get), effective (Aklato isn't the best sidearm, but still viable until you have access to better resources) and are available at mastery rank 0. Once you've rounded out your basic arsenal, you can move on to trying other gear.

As for warframes, the earliest really good frame seems to be Ember whose parts are found on Saturn, where the mobs are just below middle of the mob level range. Rhino is available from Venus, but you need mastery rank 2 to use him. Luckily, Excalibur is quite good.

So yeah. If you're noticing it's a tough climb to getting new cool stuff, it's not just you. Welcome to Warframe.

Edited by elindred

I ran into this a little bit myself, but I knew my first goal was the weapons in the store available for credits. Do as the above poster suggests and get the Braton and the Orthos as quickly as possible. I went with the Cronus instead of the Orthos and it wasn't worth it, but I did find that the game was more fun once I had the Braton. The Braton Mk-1 is really awful. 

If you don't enjoy the basic shooter mechanics once you have the Braton, this just isn't your game. 

If you don't enjoy the basic shooter mechanics once you have the Braton, this just isn't your game. 

I dunno man, I hate the braton. Not my type of gun. First thing I Ran for was a bronco, of course back when I first got mine you could grab them for a pittance. Then I just ran through oneshotting things in the face with my bronco until I had the mats for my gram...

Point is, the game really doesn't offer enough variety for reasonable enough means anymore.

I dunno man, I hate the braton. Not my type of gun. First thing I Ran for was a bronco, of course back when I first got mine you could grab them for a pittance. Then I just ran through oneshotting things in the face with my bronco until I had the mats for my gram...

Point is, the game really doesn't offer enough variety for reasonable enough means anymore.

Ahh i remember those days. I got my Bronco and was very underwhelmed with it, but that was before they lowered the rarity on most elemental mods. I wish DE would revert the marketplace back to how it was. Ill never use get to try out the Gorgan now because Im not sure its worth building.

Ahh i remember those days. I got my Bronco and was very underwhelmed with it, but that was before they lowered the rarity on most elemental mods. I wish DE would revert the marketplace back to how it was. Ill never use get to try out the Gorgan now because Im not sure its worth building.

And that was why the old market place was so great! You could try things out without having to feel really dedicated to your choice. I know I bought a few things I wound up not liking, but I didn't feel too bummed because I didn't have to grind for days just to get it.

What they should do is revert the market place and start making new weapons as rare drops from bosses/enemies or as rewards from missions other than defense and such that require you to farm materials for.

And yeah they really shot the gorgon in the metaphorical foot. You used to be able to buy it, but then they made a BP that required waaay too many resources. And then they released the supra, which is a better gorgon!

Welcome to the F2P grind.  Hard truth is, the new marketplace probably sells platinum.

Probably not, from what I've been seeing it just drives away new players. The only people I, personally, have even heard about spending plat on weapons are founders in a rush to try out the newest toy, most other people just buy colours, potatoes and slots.

I started post U7 and never had much of a problem farming for and getting the weapons I wanted. Even the ones I ended up selling went a long ways towards mastery rank do I considered them worthwhile. OP if you like add me on game and I'll take you on a tout of a Void Tower....it's a nice way to boost you up early game....tons of good loot.

I think the problem is Excalibur.  Personally, I don't see myself ever playing that frame, coz it looks so *boring*!

I started with Loki.  It is an option for a starting frame, after all.  Whole different world to Excalibur.

Edited by Altissimus

@OP

You are not alone.

For people like me, there are two games in warframe :

Warframe Free : This is the version which you play without spending a single penny. And for me, it was a very very boring game, I was truly disgusted by it.

Warframe Platinum : This is the version which you play with spending few plats. You dont need to be founder, you can buy other platinum packages. After spending some platinum on the game, I must say its worlds apart. I have more interesting frames, more customization options (colours/helmets), better weapons, potatoes, more slots, a sexy chick in my forum avatar, etc...

There are people who do play this game without spending anything, but how they tolerated the beginning is simply beyond me. I am not accusing DE of anything, just pointing out my opinion, that this game in its absolutely free form is certainly not for me cuz its ultra-boring.

Edited by rksk16it

@OP

You are not alone.

For people like me, there are two games in warframe :

Warframe Free : This is the version which you play without spending a single penny. And for me, it was a very very boring game, I was truly disgusted by it.

Warframe Platinum : This is the version which you play with spending few plats. You dont need to be founder, you can buy other platinum packages. After spending some platinum on the game, I must say its worlds apart. I have more interesting frames, more customization options (colours/helmets), better weapons, potatoes, more slots, a sexy chick in my forum avatar, etc...

There are people who do play this game without spending anything, but how they tolerated the beginning is simply beyond me. I am not accusing DE of anything, just pointing out my opinion, that this game in its absolutely free form is certainly not for me cuz its ultra-boring.

The beginning was pretty fun for me, especially since Excalibur gave me easy damage and mobility options. I never really gotten any platinum beyond the 75 plat Alienware giveaway and the starter platinum, which got converted into Warframe and weapon slots.

I've currently obtained 4 Orokin Reactors and 4 Orokin Catalysts from general/livestream alerts, and I haven't spent any of them on weapons or Warframes beyond adding a Reactor to Frost Prime. My play style makes my Excalibur only require Forma's, not super-charges, and even without the super-charge, I felt fine with Frost (Prime).

Edited by ChaoticVice777

The beginning was pretty fun for me, especially since Excalibur gave me easy damage and mobility options. I never really gotten any platinum beyond the 75 plat Alienware giveaway and the starter platinum, which got converted into Warframe and weapon slots.

I've currently obtained 4 Orokin Reactors and 4 Orokin Catalysts from general/livestream alerts, and I haven't spent any of them on weapons or Warframes beyond adding a Reactor to Frost Prime. My play style makes my Excalibur only require Forma's, not super-charges, and even without the super-charge, I felt fine with Frost (Prime).

Yeap, like I said, I seen some players fully enjoy the game without every buying plat. But, as a matter of personal taste, it was not enjoyable for me, and that is probably true for OP too.