Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea for Archwing Launcher and fuel source

o.0-

I can imagine that Archwing uses a monopropellant for operating in space and underwater as an air-independent propulsion system. And so an alternative for the Plains is fine with me that uses the oxygen in the atmosphere.

It is possible for waste fish oil to be a component for biodiesel, and so it can be possible for Archwing in the plains be capable of running fuel sources from kerosene to diesel in the unit, since we can assume it to be an oxygen rich environment.

So my suggestions are as follows:

1. Relabel Fish Oil and the requirement for the Archwing charges to an in-lore hydrocarbon fuel. As Grineer are on the Plains and already drop Grokdrul, could even carry a Grineer inspired name.
  2. Fish can still be processed to create Fish Oil, with the new name.
  3. Add a means for collecting the relabeled resource from the Grineer. As they could use this fuel source for their Hellion Jetpacks and vehicles and even weapon propulsion, it could be that containers, lockers and even certain Tusk units could carry fuel with them.

So could something like this work?

29 minutes ago, PwnstarrDK said:

Stop. Please just stop.

- We are not ment to be fishing (FISHING?!!) for the purpose of summoning our epic archwing. Christ it's a ridicueless idea! *SADPANDA*

The OP is suggesting the name of the item be changed and be able to be harvested from fish, or harvested from grineer camps and grineer units with jetpacks. Thus allowing the resource to be obtained in general combat over time and reducing dependency on fishing.

2 hours ago, Scylax said:

No, just remove it. Having to continually farm resources to access basic features of the game is ridiculous. Imagine having to craft AW charges every time you did a space AW mission.

I agree completely. You don't have to buy gas for cars in GTA for a reason. 

The Archwing should be a core movement feature and not a consumable imo.