Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

CPU fan problems

ClemPrimeR

Question

When im paying warframe, my fan starts whiring really fast, and ive tried putting the settings down t the lowest, but i still get a fast fan speed. what do i do to fix this problem?

It oly seemed to start whe PoE released, because bac then i wasnt getting nearly as much CPU temperture

5 answers to this question

Just now, Shirin_Mirjitsu said:

Well, first of all, clean your computer with a can of compressed air or somesuch. You'd be surprised how bad dust can affect your temps.

Beyond that, try turning some of the new graphics options down, as they may be causing more load on your PC.

i already did try to do it with the lowest settings, but the fan just kept on whirring. but ill try the cleaning. i also forgot to mention that warframe is the only game tat makes the CPU temperture go high, games like the newest tomb raider on the highest settings doesnt do it, and as i said, it only started when PoE was released.

So Warframe now uses a lot more of you CPU, thus it's reaching high load temps that you may not have before. 

When you start warframe it will use ALL OF YOUR CORES, which isn't like many games which only really focus on one or two. 

I recommend going to task manager, right clicking warframe when you start it and select "go to process" or in windows 10 " go to details"  right clock the process it highlights and select affinity.  You will see a list saying "cpu 0-4 or 0-8 "  depending.  Select only 0 and 1, uncheck the rest.  If you are on a dual core then only select one.   This should reduce the load on your cpu by a substantial amount.   

There are other ways such as changing your CPU fan curve either through the bios or with a thrid party program but unless you feel comfortable doing so then it's best to just stick with this.  Also removing multi-threading might help, try that. 

Edited by tactical_surgeon

On 14/10/2017 at 9:51 PM, tactical_surgeon said:

So Warframe now uses a lot more of you CPU, thus it's reaching high load temps that you may not have before. 

When you start warframe it will use ALL OF YOUR CORES, which isn't like many games which only really focus on one or two. 

I recommend going to task manager, right clicking warframe when you start it and select "go to process" or in windows 10 " go to details"  right clock the process it highlights and select affinity.  You will see a list saying "cpu 0-4 or 0-8 "  depending.  Select only 0 and 1, uncheck the rest.  If you are on a dual core then only select one.   This should reduce the load on your cpu by a substantial amount.   

There are other ways such as changing your CPU fan curve either through the bios or with a thrid party program but unless you feel comfortable doing so then it's best to just stick with this.  Also removing multi-threading might help, try that. 

sorry for not getting back to you later, but thanks for the help, my cpu isnt taking as much load (even know fps is down, its still playable) :smile: