The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee Needs A Rework

Fijasrules

TL;DR buff banshee please

Don't just read the title and say no don't change her at all. I have read enough of those forum posts.

I have every frame but nova level 30 so don't say I don't know what I'm talking about just hear me out.

Banshee the sound based frame has extremely low shields and health but high energy. But she doesn't have any abilities that are truly amazing.

Sound quake

Sound quake yeah its good for doing waves of defense versus infested but against higher level grineer especially it flat out sucks for the reason that THEY DON'T RUN INTO IT. I like the idea but it needs to do more then just do DOT and stop enemies in their tracks when almost all the other damaging ults do more damage and faster. Buff it by either making it so that you either 

A. Make it so that it adds a more power damage to closer enemies and fades off giving it more range and causing enemies that are far away to fall in closer and at the end of the ability have a powerful knockback that does a good amount of damage say 500 (may be too much but just a number)

or B. make it so that damage comes in waves like an earthquake being that it knocks enemies down and that it causes knocked down enemies to take extra damage.

Either or would be cool and also I believe that the damage should ignore armor because who can ignore shockwaves coming at you? Nothing if you trust the fragor knocking down power.

Silence

This is probably the most useless power in the game and for a 3 its sad it may only cost 25 buts its just bad. It is worse than superjump IMO because that give mobility with it at least and with heavy impact superjump is ok-ish. Make it do something because the amount that it does seems to be very little. Make silence make your weapons not alert the enemies and make it so they don't shoot you or spot you or do something to make it not suck. At least make the silence follow you because you can cast it 2 rooms back and its not affecting the new enemies till you can recast it which is 15+ seconds later from the first one. A total rework may be in order all I know is that even using Silence now is useless unless you're just using it to gain exp because you can still get spotted while using it fairly easily.

Sonar

This ability not many problems with it except enemies not disappearing on the mini-map when they die is just annoying (make it use the mechanics of enemy radar for that please) and other than that i dont see any problems with it. overall a good ability could do with some tweeks on range post cast (following you) but that is up to DE_Scott or if anyone reads this or not

Sonic Boom

This ability although fun to use to throw people around does way to little  damage to be used ever to hurt people. Make it's cast not so dramatic make banshee scream not slam the ground. Increase its damage and maybe make enemies hit take extra damage this one is hard because its a 1 and is weak besides throwing enemies around and giving damage buffs doesn't really help.

Hope you opened the spoilers and lets hope that the Banshee rework comes soon.

Soundquake: Press 4 for everything dead.

Silence: Actually needs help.

Sonar: 4x damage is far closer to overpowered than underpowered.

Sonic Boom: Press 1 to instantly throw Ancients off the pod, or Grineer shooting you, or.. you get the idea. It costs 25 energy, too.

Soundquake: Press 4 for everything dead.

Silence: Actually needs help.

Sonar: 4x damage is far closer to overpowered than underpowered.

Sonic Boom: Press 1 to instantly throw Ancients off the pod, or Grineer shooting you, or.. you get the idea. It costs 25 energy, too.

Actually its X5, X6.5 with max Focus :)

Other than that, you are totally right.

Silence works perfectly. Walk in a room, hit Silence, massacre everyone with a shotgun. They don't even react to being hit. Cleared out half a complex with it. What's your deal?

I could agre that Sound Quake could use a mild improvement, though. Sonic Boom without question has to do more than break wind.

Regardless of these issues I actually found Banshee a really fun Warframe, with Sonar easily pulling its weight against all her other powers. You can gib bosses in seconds shooting the weakspot.

Edited by BeerDone

A revamp of Banshee is simply not of a high priority compared to the other Warframes. 

Soundquake - High utility (one of the best crowd control abilities in the entire game) with badly scaled damage and a lack of invulnerability for the entire animation. In my opinion, it's pretty balanced.

Sonar - 500+% (max of 650% with maxed Focus) damage multiplier is bordering on overpowered. It would be nice if the developers could fix the bugs related to this move while addressing the armor scaling issue.

Sonic Boom - Decent utility, pushing enemies quite a distance away for a relatively cheap energy cost. Good enough.

The only ability may be considered "useless" is Silence, and such a situation may change with the future stealth updates.

I would rather have de buff absorb and psychic bolt :l

Bolt is just fine, it just takes some interesting strategies to use it well. Aim up and over your target, at mid range. That will give it time to track to its target and the height keeps it from running into stuff.

Absorb is already at the maximum aggro that the game is designed to handle....not sure how they are going to fix it, but it does need fixing.

I think Banshee does what intended. And does it good, Banshee is a good Defencive Frame.

Soundquake - High utility (one of the best crowd control abilities in the entire game) with badly scaled damage and a lack of invulnerability for the entire animation. In my opinion, it's pretty balanced.

Soundquake isnt supposed to kill at higher levels, its supposed to immobilize enemies and buy some time for your team.

Edited by Misgenesis

1. Soundquake -  I actually found it to be less effective in Infested defence. Ancients don't always stagger, so for the duration (quite long) they keep moving forward towards you, and you're helpless until that disrupter gets in range and takes away all your energy. I found it to be pretty good in corpus defense. When I cast it everything dies, no exceptions.

2. Silence - I don't even equip it.

3. Sonar - Awesome. Nuff said.

4. Sonic Boom - It's not meant to do a lot of damage. It's a CC ability and at 25 cost, it's a very good one. If you're talking infested defense, this should be your best friend. One cast and you can clear the dozens swarming the pod and throw them quite a bit of distance away.

I think Banshee does what intended. And does it good, Banshee is a good Defencive Frame.

Soundquake isnt supposed to kill at higher levels, its supposed to immobilize enemies and buy some time for your team.

Exactly? Like I stated before, it's a pretty balanced ultimate, probably one of the best with its utility.

Mmm, the stealth issue with Silence still have to be addressed though, but otherwise, she's more than fine for a while.

Im definitely not the expert there. I used silence so little that i didn't even keep it on the frame. I didnt realize there was something wrong with it till somebody told me. Her other 3 are so good that i honestly didnt notice.

Honestly I think the only skill that needs rework is silence, the fact that you HAVE to use if on unaware enemies is bad enough especially if you go firing into a room of enemies that you cast silence on, only to have the next room of enemies barge in and trigger the alarm. I agree with OP, it should make your weapons silent or at least reduce the noise level of your guns.

Soundquake: May not be the most damaging ult late game, but it does stun enemies for others to pick off and gives you time to recharge your shield.

Silence: Needs help badly.

Sonar: Fine as is

Sonic Boom: Not meant to be damaging, and fun as hell to troll heavy untis with.