Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

{Concept (Pics!)} Downside Mods

Leyden

Hi people i'm here to sugest a new concept for tactic mod, The idea is to get some cool advantage mods but with downside, Since they already have -side

Those would be low cost and unpolarized.

Some possible exemple 

130725122226639283.jpg130725122730606872.jpg13072512304037160.jpg130725123200329206.jpg

Post your + - mods idea and give me your tought on this.

For those who like,

Other Topic with relative content :

https://forums.warfr...as/#entry917643

Edited by Leyden

OMG this is have so much potential!!!

-Cold blooded

= +50% resistance to cold damage

-50% resistance to fire damage

-carbon fiber

=+15% movement speed

-10% armor

-bionic shooter

=+20% deal damage above range 5 meters

=-20% deal damage below range 5 meters

Edited by E.R.I.C

Had a similar idea a while ago.

I called them "antimods."

Basically, you get a separate screen, the "back" of your usual mod slotting screen. No polarities here. They work basically like regular mods, but in reverse.

For example, antiquickdraw. Works the same way as quickdraw with the same stat changes, but in reverse. At base level, instead of 8% faster reload speed, it slows down reload speed by 8%. And instead of costing 2 mod points, it would add 2 mod points to your normal pool to be used for other mods (or maybe half that, if necessary for balance). 

Might be useful if you have something that doesn't rely so much on one stat, that you would prefer to further mod to improve another.

Ultimately I just thought it was silly and forgot about the idea until now. I think a lot of people have had enough of the whole + and - mod points mathing with this aura system thing. And forma'ers might also be upset with such a system.

Yep, been brought up a number of times by various people. I think it's a good idea. Your mod ideas could use balance and testing, but otherwise, if those things are exposed values that are easily changed, I think DE could pull it off rather easily.

e.g. the Berserk mod would need a much bigger downside. You rarely ever take melee damage in this game aside from teleporting Flameblades and Chargers. Really, it would be relatively balanced on Infested maps, but super OP on Grineer or Corpus maps, since their melee attackers are laughable. A reduction in shields might work, or making your other weapons less effective, although this would really benefit melee players even more without a real downside if they already don't use their other weapons anyway.

OMG this is have so much potential!!!

-Cold blooded

= +50% resistance to cold damage

-50% resistance to fire damage

-carbon fiber

=+15% movement speed

-10% armor

-bionic shooter

=+20% deal damage above range 5 meters

=-20% deal damage below range 5 meters

Those sounds pretty cool too :p

Had a similar idea a while ago.

I called them "antimods."

Basically, you get a separate screen, the "back" of your usual mod slotting screen. No polarities here. They work basically like regular mods, but in reverse.

For example, antiquickdraw. Works the same way as quickdraw with the same stat changes, but in reverse. At base level, instead of 8% faster reload speed, it slows down reload speed by 8%. And instead of costing 2 mod points, it would add 2 mod points to your normal pool to be used for other mods (or maybe half that, if necessary for balance). 

Might be useful if you have something that doesn't rely so much on one stat, that you would prefer to further mod to improve another.

Ultimately I just thought it was silly and forgot about the idea until now. I think a lot of people have had enough of the whole + and - mod points mathing with this aura system thing. And forma'ers might also be upset with such a system.

It would have been a really cool add when aura didn't offer shiload of energy.

Yep, been brought up a number of times by various people. I think it's a good idea. Your mod ideas could use balance and testing, but otherwise, if those things are exposed values that are easily changed, I think DE could pull it off rather easily.

e.g. the Berserk mod would need a much bigger downside. You rarely ever take melee damage in this game aside from teleporting Flameblades and Chargers. Really, it would be relatively balanced on Infested maps, but super OP on Grineer or Corpus maps, since their melee attackers are laughable. A reduction in shields might work, or making your other weapons less effective, although this would really benefit melee players even more without a real downside if they already don't use their other weapons anyway.

Sure is, yeah value are an exemple, i could have put XX everywhere

Berserk would be better with + XX Melee damage (hight value )

+XX Taken damage (all damage) (low value )

If i had all of the one i made i would only take the first one ^^

The original mod set should have been designed like this.

At the very least most, if not all rares should be designed like this.

Thanks i had the exact same tought :D

Similiar like my suggestion: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/84035-suggestion-nightmare-mod-debuff-ideas/#entry917643

I called them Risk & Reward mods, I'd love having them since they add a new level of customization.

Also thought of full negative mods that add mod points.

I Just got there, some interesting stuff related to this topic. i'll add a link to yours in this one

Edited by Leyden