Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hw Eax In This Game?

Neemh

So, i use X-fi Titanium PCI-E on win 7 x 64. So i intrasted: This game use OpenAl or WASAPI? And be effect to use 32bit version of this game with Creative ALchemy?

I'm pretty sure you won't see any difference in sound quality between a sound card and the motherboard's onboard sound card or USB headphones. 

The reason for this is because the only advantage that sound cards have is a more robust Digital-to-Analog Converter; though that doesn't change how the game transmits sound sources, etc.

Your sound card might have things like "Virtual Surround" which is supposed to mimic surround sound, or make it seem as though you can hear certain sounds behind you instead of in front, but that's all post-processing and not actual surround sound support.

I'm fairly certain that this game just supports software based, stereo sound. It might support 5.1 and 7.1 (I haven't tried it with more than 2 speakers), but there's no hardware accelerated sound processing (like Creative EAX that takes advantage of a sound card). it's all software.

Besides, sound cards are usually worthless unless you're doing soundboard work on your computer (in which case you use the more powerful DACs and ADCs on the sound card o help with creating music, etc).