Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need A New Drop System

Tierria

Because I am sick and tired of watching precious mats and mods fly off into the distance. Okay, can we just not have enemies drop mats or mods anymore, or if they do, just have them automatically added to our inventories, because it is a pain having to go running after them as they bounce away, or worse, drop into the bottomless abyss. It's annoying and/or heartbreaking to watch it all fly away. It's not like I'm not irritated enough with the boss that I've killed dozens of times to get one bloody Neurode, but to lose half of it to this idiotic method of dropping, that's where I can't stands no more. Make assassinations have guaranteed but randomized rewards taken from the drop table and just not have the boss drop anything at all, just have them automatically added to our inventories every time they would drop normally, perhaps adding this to the exp sharing i.e. it also goes to your teammates in range's inventories as well, something has got to change.

The bottomless abyss drop just respawn in the same room at a designated area. And are you really complaining about having to run around in a game for something? If you dont want to work for it, clearly you dont care enough for it.

Most mods and resources that go out of bounds are returned to the play field, if you are too lazy to go look for them or have no communication with teammates that is on you. Aside from the odd new tile where drops remain out of bounds, the system is perfectly fine as is.

Your suggestion trivialises the game on a number of levels and makes it easier to farm mods and resources. You may not see that as an issue, but just wait until the new trading system gets here and folks can sell their mods to other players for plat.

It does? I did not know that.

Anyway, as for the system in general, I don't like it cause it just really messes with the pace of the game. I'm a badass tech ninja, I shouldn't be scrounging a battlefield looking for scraps of materials, like some deranged pack rat, I should be just walking silently away from the scene of carnage, like a total badass. I mean, mods and mats are good, but I'd prefer them just to be given to us at the end of the mission, still based on the RNG system, but it streamlines the whole process, giving it all in one big go.

Edited by Tierria

It does? I did not know that.

Anyway, as for the system in general, I don't like it cause it just really messes with the pace of the game. I'm a badass tech ninja, I shouldn't be scrounging a battlefield looking for scraps of materials, like some deranged pack rat, I should be just walking silently away from the scene of carnage, like a total badass. I mean, mods and mats are good, but I'd prefer them just to be given to us at the end of the mission, still based on the RNG system, but it streamlines the whole process, giving it all in one big go.

For what they say... i am not really sure it's true.... mods ALWAYS spawn in designated place if they fall....... everything else, i haven't seen respawn and i even see the items at the bottom of the level so i doubt they do.

As for the system and ur "badass ninja" maybe you should read the lore.... Tenno are scavengers xD.... they scrap what they can from ships and make do with that.

Hmm, where's that? I haven't seen that anywhere in the lore I've seen, and I could of sworn I'd read it all. But still, scavenging from the middle of the battlefield DURING a firefight? Really? Seems a little ridiculous to me. I mean, picking up ammo and such sure, but why the hell would I take the time to collect a petri dish sample(Nano spores and plastids.) and why the hell when I kill a Grineer would I find SHIP parts?(Salvage.) And don't say suspension of disbelief, that's the part that's applied for fun parts, not the annoying bits.

This happens a lot in Xini, I and another guy have clearly seen a mod & resource drop at the distance next to the door, there's no bottomless pits there.

After going to loot between waves, the loot is just simply gone. No mods, no resources on thief's wit.

Mods respawn, but resources don't. The current system looks awesome on paper, but can be a chore sometimes. Example: Vor dropped a blue print yesterday that flew all the way across the room. I would have missed it if it wasn't for someone marking it. The Raptor had several issues with loot flying away.

At the very least, the physical effect should be reduced so, at most, they fall from the corpse and not fly in an explosion of loot.

Your suggestion trivialises the game on a number of levels and makes it easier to farm mods and resources. You may not see that as an issue, but just wait until the new trading system gets here and folks can sell their mods to other players for plat.

You can't be serious about this. Farming is a pain as it is, and you think that losing a drop due do a clearly broken game mechanic is "fine"? If "go looking for it you lazy &#!" was a intended, Thief's Wit would not exist.

Having access to the loot that you earned doesn't trivializes anything. It just fixes a bug.