The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bounties - An basket full of bad carrots

phoenix1992

Hello again,

I tried to postpone my feedback on the topic in order to see what will change in the first patches, but alas the situation keeps on being in a bad shape. Let's start with something I have repeated on multiple topics : 

5 hours ago, phoenix1992 said:

I have said it in other topics, and I will say it again.

This system does not benefit anyone, but when it comes down to time vs investment, the new players - that are the supposed reason for many details of PoE grind - benefit even less than older players.

PoE does not allow for good credit, resource, affinity, mod or gear farm. I get annoyed by a credit cache or a Vitality mod. New players feel like they have wasted time, they could have allocated to a better purpose within Warframe.

And let's elaborate.

Tier 1 to 3 Bonties still retain the murky rewards : Credit caches, 80 endo, Pressure Point, Hornet Strike, Point Strike, Vitality and the rest of the fodder.
f3c.gif

As I said before, new players won't bite into those things. The star map allows to gain better rewards. But this is not the only thing.
A brand new player showing up in Warframe, without the Gear, Potatoes and mods... Can't do PoE bounties on his own.  What is it there you say : "But OP, there is public matchmaking!"
True, there is. But outside of the bugs and connectivity issues, here is the thing....
A lot of players do not use public matchmaking for T1-4 bounties. Why should they? So they can risk someone to fail the objective with the area shenanigans? So they have to wait for people without the AW segment? To get stuck on the gates while random player is just messing around digging and fishing?
And there is the thing with Gara. A lot of us - players that are able to help new players, run t1-t3 only for Gara. The moment we get the parts, this bounties become time sink. Yes - sure you get some reputation, but let's not divulge into other topics.

How can you fix t1-t3?
Put PoE resources in there. Fish, Ore, Cores for the Quills - People on mass would gain better rewards that fit the content - and guess what - benefit both new and old players. Enough with the credit caches, DE - One harrow chassis is 3.5k creds.

"But OP - what about T4 and T5?" - a random person asks

Here is the thing. Furax is kinda cool, the new mods are kinda meh and the Breath is most wanted - but everything else is fodder. Again. 

Speaking of fodders - weren't lenses supposed to be given out from a Vendor, DE? What's with the additional RNG swing, that hits new players again? We. the old dogs don't care for lenses, since we have buckets of them, but the new guys? Good luck with the bounties boys.

TL:DR : Stop putting credit caches and low tier basic mods, put resources used for PoE crafting, especially fish and ore. And let this be only a memory of the PoE alpha, not an actual result : qb2yQ5c.png?1

I would also suggest that they remove any plains resources that are easy to obtain... Nisselpods for example.... The Reward was originally 5 Nissel pods, which ironically is the same number of Nisselpods you get from any of the many Nissel plants that dot the plains. I was hopeful that those would be replaced with something that was not so easy to obtain but instead it was just "buffed" to 15 Nisselpods..... which didn't address the fact that Nisselpods are easily obtainable unlike many of the other resources.