Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring Back The Kogake Uppercut Move!

Dessfar

No, I really like the flip. It just needs to have a wider hitbox and it'll be fine. Kogake is all about style, so an acrobatic move like that just works so well.

Kogake flip actually has 2 hitboxes - one on the actual kick and one on the landing. The second hitbox will still knock enemies down but does negligible damage. That's very interesting and pretty forgivable if you misplace the attack, since you can still capitalise off the knockdown even if you missed. A single hit uppercut won't do that.

One thing that I feel really needs to be changed though, is the inability to ground attack targets who have been launched by the dash attack or charge attack.

I totally disagree, i think it looks stupid.  But your right about the ground attack on targets who have been knocked down.

No, I really like the flip. It just needs to have a wider hitbox and it'll be fine. Kogake is all about style, so an acrobatic move like that just works so well.

Kogake flip actually has 2 hitboxes - one on the actual kick and one on the landing. The second hitbox will still knock enemies down but does negligible damage. That's very interesting and pretty forgivable if you misplace the attack, since you can still capitalise off the knockdown even if you missed. A single hit uppercut won't do that.

One thing that I feel really needs to be changed though, is the inability to ground attack targets who have been launched by the dash attack or charge attack.

Use the other gauntlet weapons if you want to use uppercut.

Every gauntlet should have that move, there is no logical point to remove that move from certain gauntlet weapons ... But wait, what i'm fkn talking about ... this game is lost most of the logic long time ago.

Every gauntlet should have that move, there is no logical point to remove that move from certain gauntlet weapons ... But wait, what i'm fkn talking about ... this game is lost most of the logic long time ago.

Why should a weapon that is specialized for martials arts only use fist moves? Why shouldnt fist only weapons not only use it? Please. Explain....

If you explain a logical reason why i can't use uppercut with Gauntlets?

They already said that they are going to add more variety for different weapon so they might add your so beloved uppercut.

Besides that. The weapons could focus on kicking and only support your defense via gauntlets. There are enough reasons to not use the uppercut.....

If you explain a logical reason why i can't use uppercut with Gauntlets?

Because the Kogake is not just gauntlets, it's also some foot coverings as well. And we have two other gauntlet weapons that already to the uppercut. The Kogake can, it's not like it's forbidden by law, but the Kogake also features the use of your feet. It should reflect that by being different in animations. It's pretty much the same effect, enemy flies upwards, only it looks different.

Oh yeah. I mean. If its your opinion, it should definitly be changed....

Use the other gauntlet weapons if you want to use uppercut.

/thread

Hey A******, if everyone else likes the flip then they shouldn't change it, but what if i had found out other people hated it too?  Up yours.

No i won't use another one because kogake has better basic animations.

I've never had a problem with the enemies flying off in the wrong direction. They always go straight up for me, in which case I only have to TURN AROUND and shoot them mid-air, or simply wait for them to hit the ground.

Remember that this skill is unique compared to the uppercut because it has two hit zones instead of just one. It's a worthy move that separates the Kogake from the other gaunlets. Variety.

Complaining that it makes no sense for the Kogake to not be able to uppercut is like complaining that the Gram can't stab people. It's not neccesary to give a weapon every possible move it should have, and it might even be detrimental to overcomplicate this game's melee system when it's only a third of the combat.

I am all for letting Furax/Ankyros uppercuts ragdoll people, however.

Edited by PaperAlien

I've never had a problem with the enemies flying off in the wrong direction. They always go straight up for me, in which case I only have to TURN AROUND and shoot them mid-air, or simply wait for them to hit the ground.

Remember that this skill is unique compared to the uppercut because it has two hit zones instead of just one. It's a worthy move that separates the Kogake from the other gaunlets. Variety.

They always go straight up, but the animation isn't straight up.  Its a 45 degree angle kick and they go straight up.  It would be awesome if the move was similar to the other gauntlets but with a one legged kick to the chin.