Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Network Problems Are Killing This Game...

Brimir

Is it weird I've never had these problems?

More like luck.

I've had them, send support tickets explaining your problem along with EE.log files OP, it's a lot more helpful than just making a thread. U9 seems to, for the most part, fixed my friend connection problems.

They may  not be able to fix the problem right away (or at all) but at least you're giving insight into the problem more so than saying "THE BUGS ARE KILLING THE GAME THE BUGS ARE KILLING IT"

Edited by AXCrusnik

Is it weird I've never had these problems?

Ditto.

EDIT:

And I love how the first reaction is : "DE stop trying to make money"

AFAIK, strict NAT and all that is all local setting problems. As far as DE is concerned the client is perfectly fine.

Edited by Shion963

The NAT problem.

The "Friends always offline" problem.

Wish they'd stop trying to fleece us out of money and fix this crap. It is a good game and all, but the devs need to get their priorities straight.

They are not trying to fleece anyone, follow DESteves advice on sorting your router settings and have your friends do the same.

Strict Nat affects a number of games and platforms, the problems are not exclusive to Warframe, and are usually the result of a S#&$ty router with outdated firmware, or an isp trying to limit how much of their bandwidth you can actually access. If the advice on manually opening ports or configuring uPnP does not work, replace the heap of S#&$ you call a router with something decent, or sign up with a new ISP as appropriate.

More like luck.

This has absolutely nothing to do with luck.

Some things are bugs are been fixed in majority of cases.

Other stuff is just people's internet, wrong settings, closed ports, etc on their end, the devs cant do anything about, unless they would change from p2p to dedicated servers. But for that cost? I guess they won't.

Friends offline isnt about the game its about your router.  Some routers dont work well with UPNP. like my current one. I just dmzd my pc and im fine though.  too bad UPNP is so darned buggy. My game wont see my router settings or vice versa. then again there are no port forwarding help things for my router    Just look up how to port forward. mess with UPP and you should be fine

This has absolutely nothing to do with luck.

My friend had port forwarded, doesn't have S#&$ty internet, I have Upnp, not S#&$ty internet, not S#&$ty routers, both have rigs of about the same strength (can play BF3 no problem) and yet we could not connect to each other the majority of time until U9. He wasn't the only person I had this problem with.

I'm not saying the entire bug is sent down upon us by the RNG gods, I'm saying he's very lucky not to have problems. Good router and internet or not doesn't mean you won't encounter this problem along the line. You don't make luck and trade it for good fortune, you are lucky because x happened or didnt happen to you.

Edited by AXCrusnik

Yeah bro they are trying to "fleece us out of money" by making the game Free to play, right?

You did not noticed that you cannot play coop without paying atleast $250 to get into its early access beta buy-in only? :O

/sarcasm

Edited by eStecko

Yeah bro they are trying to "fleece us out of money" by making the game Free to play, right?

It is obvious that I mean divert resources into fixing/getting better servers than adding more stuff for us to pay Plat for.

My friend had port forwarded, doesn't have S#&$ty internet, I have Upnp, not S#&$ty internet, not S#&$ty routers, both have rigs of about the same strength (can play BF3 no problem) and yet we could not connect to each other the majority of time until U9. He wasn't the only person I had this problem with.

I'm not saying the entire bug is sent down upon us by the RNG gods, I'm saying he's very lucky not to have problems. Good router and internet or not doesn't mean you won't encounter this problem along the line. You don't make luck and trade it for good fortune, you are lucky because x happened or didnt happen to you.

Exactly. Why is Warframe the ONLY game giving me this crap? NONE of my other MMOs do. Do I have S#&$ty ISP or equipment - or - is it more likely this game is the problem?

Edited by Brimir

It's been suggested before but I'll suggest it again. Let players rent server space. This was I can play a game with PuGs and not have to worry about who's hosting. My connection can't host more than 1 player without lag so if I don't have a friend on I usually don't play warframe because I'll have to play solo or carry a lagged-out group of PuGs. It definitely affects the community because I rarely get to meet new people. It's a well known problem that is stopping the community from integrating all it's members. A F2P player that is only playing solo adds nothing to your game. F2P players should be adding to the community through player interactions. Getting players playing together should be a high priority.