Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo Cetus or Konzu kiosk in orbiter?

FashionFrame

I think people have already suggested that we should get a Cetus solo mode, so we don't have to be thrown into relays that have people swarming everywhere, causing lag. Also heard somewhere that DE refuses but I'm not entirely sure why, I might need people educating me on that part. If people say it has to do with servers and causing traffic issues, how is a Solo Mode Cetus any different than doing a solo mode on literally any other tileset? Load it like any mission and get to work. Seems simple (I think.)

Now, if Cetus Solo mode really is hard to pull off, can we at least get a Konzu kiosk in our orbiter to select missions and then instantly play Plains of Eidolon?

Our pain: Me and my friends been having nothing but constant problems with joining "empty" Cetus relays, despite the thing being swarmed by many players. We'd get booted to separate relays, which causes us to not be able to do bounties because we have to be in the same server/instance. If we're not, it will be stuck on a loop, saying "Waiting for other players" at the gate, despite us all being there.

And yes, it is probably the internet on our side, due to most of us using 3rd party Canadian prairie internet, so being put into relays with many players roaming about is really tough on our 70-100kb/s internet. Especially when after we finally finish a bounty, it has to put us in the most crowded busy relay, and we're forced to leave cetus, and start over again on trying to join a server that will actually put us all in the same Cetus.

TL;DR Cetus is laggy, we need other ways of our squads to do bounties! Make Cetus have Squad-only or solo play to avoid player traffic, or just simply put a Konzu kiosk in our orbiter so we can accept bounties and immediately go for Plains of Eidolon!

Thanks for reading, throw me some constructive thoughts if you think this could/couldn't work!

That would be a good idea for players with toasters like mine. It performs good, I usually play between 45-50FPS, 35-45FPS on PoE which is good enough for me, I can manage. But when I go to Cetus, lord have mercy, the lag and stutters I get make me want to pummel my toaster into oblivion.