Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Suggestion For Future Events: Leave Soloers On An Even Field

TemetNosce

I'd prefer to run this event alone, as public players more than double the run time, but due to the inability to equip multiple corruptors (despite it having a higher cost for a solo player since we'd have to farm three for each mission), I can't. While obviously solo players are going to be at something of a disadvantage in most events, it'd be nice if there wasn't something like this that handicaps us.

And yes, before someone says it, I know you want me to make friends.

Co-op is MAIN and PREFERRED playstyle.

Thus all of the game content will be made for CO-OP PLAYERS.

If you want to play solo, go and play something else. Dark Sector should be cool.

Ouch some one is angry that other people have differing opinions than their own... :)

PSST... I see your website and raise you Steam's... It says... SHHH don't tell anyone... It says... "Single-player" in green letters... But again don't tell anyone that Angius :) it's probably just a trick to lure in solo players so that everyone can get mad when they request single-player content! :)

Well, you can't call lunch vegetarian, if besides vegetables there's meat in it.
That's why you can't call Warframe solo game because it has solo option.

You can't demand a restaurant to be a vegan restaurant, because one of their dishes is vegan.
You can't demand more solo-player content in Warframe, because on of the game mods is solo.

"I want dragons and orcs, because this game has swords. And swords are fantasy type of weapon. And I'm playing only with swords. So, I want more fantasy content"

Solo - co-op became something like PvP - PvE... Warframe is PvE co-op game. PvP is for sh*** and giggles, so do solo mode.

You can't expect Farming Simulator to be racing game, just because it has vehicles in it.
Co-op PvE content got the highest priority. Bugfixes are next. Then comes content changes, and PvP and solo content are waaaay down the list. You know why? Because that's not the most important thing in this game.

I can give you few more examples if you are still not convinced about what is the type and main direction of this game.

Edited by Angius

I'd prefer to run this event alone, as public players more than double the run time, but due to the inability to equip multiple corruptors (despite it having a higher cost for a solo player since we'd have to farm three for each mission), I can't. While obviously solo players are going to be at something of a disadvantage in most events, it'd be nice if there wasn't something like this that handicaps us.

And yes, before someone says it, I know you want me to make friends.

Let's try a different approach.

Out of the last events, two were catered to solo player (Fusion MOA and Grineer Drone). One was a group-based thing (Artifact Defense). In this one, the playing field is more level. Solo players can still "get it done", but they are slower. If a group would take as long as a single person, why would they run together? Alpha/Beta gives them an incentive to do so, and requires some coordination, too. Solo players don't have to coordinate and can run at their leisure, still receive a good chunk of points and can go at their own pace.

Asking that a single player has the exact same impact as a group of four is an entitlement disparity. They can't, logically. This event may not be perfect, but it is going in better direction than the one's before that catered predominantly to solo players.

Let's try a different approach.

Out of the last events, two were catered to solo player (Fusion MOA and Grineer Drone). One was a group-based thing (Artifact Defense). In this one, the playing field is more level. Solo players can still "get it done", but they are slower. If a group would take as long as a single person, why would they run together? Alpha/Beta gives them an incentive to do so, and requires some coordination, too. Solo players don't have to coordinate and can run at their leisure, still receive a good chunk of points and can go at their own pace.

Asking that a single player has the exact same impact as a group of four is an entitlement disparity. They can't, logically. This event may not be perfect, but it is going in better direction than the one's before that catered predominantly to solo players.

This side steps my point, although I agree with your implications of problems in the other events. That said to be clear, group players have a swath of advantages. Access to multiple frames at once, backup, higher DPS output, and generally strategic depth. Further however, the question you just asked about why people would party would seem to suggest that given absolutely equal choices between soloing and partying, everyone would solo, and thus that they need to be forced to party. If people enjoy soloing more than partying that would seem to imply to me that they ought to be obliged. That said, I don't believe that given that choice everyone would make it anyways.

This particular implementation simply hurts solo players above and beyond the natural power differential, with minimal or no impact on party players. Even if it were fixed, party players would maintain both their normal advantages, and the fact that it would cost solo players three times as many corruptors per run. As it is however, you don't solo this event. It would take 83 runs, with each run taking roughly twice as long simply to complete the base 250 points at the rate solo players are awarded.

Regardless, thank you for the polite response.