Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

While playing, game minimises or something but keeps running

Emmepathic

while playing today, I did a bounty, then spent the night fishing as i was looking for a specific fish. around dawn the game decided to unload or alt tab or something. essentially the screen went grey, then sent me back to desktop, but was still running, the cursor was still captured, i could still hear the sounds of the eidolon nearby, my excal throwing his fishing spear, and my derpy kavat pacing around (3d sound). everything was working as normal, except I was staring at my desktop.

I was a bit miffed the first time, but thought, ok, sure, I'll just try again, write off that lot of loot. but the second time I spend an entire hour fishing, and was just deciding to head back when it happened. I've not checked, but seeing as how I lost everything first time I'm betting I've lost it all the second time too. so I decided to post this, just in case it's a new issue.

my pc is :

windows 7
core-i5 6600k
8gb RAM
Geforce GTX 970

no overclocking, PC was only turned on just before my play session, and I had a youtube podcast thingy running in the background. I was unable to capture video of the issue as my Geforce experience decided not to work today.

ah, i should've mentioned, in order to get control of my mouse back i have to totally shut down the game via task manager. it's essentially like playing my pc without the monitor, the game is actually still maximised, and still focused, but the visuals are completely gone, like totally unloaded. notification centre has done nothing, cos i turned that S#&$ off :P

• 1 month later...

I too have experienced this problem.  Last night I was playing a void fissure survival mission for meso.  I think we had played through 3 rounds and were in the fourth when my monitor/screen flipped back to my windows desktop, but i could still hear the game running and my audio was giving the proper sounds for me attacking and using my abilities.  I could alt-Tab to windows desktop and actually have windows cursor/task control.  Then i could bounce back into the game by selecting it's icon on the task bar.  But nothing seemed to get my game screen to return.  I was playing as Trinity Prime and kept casting Link, etc. and managed to stay alive.  I used T and typed messages to the squad and told them my prob and asked them to extract.  They completed the one round and I could hear the selection screens and then another round started.  Then they did extract.  At that point I could hear the landing craft sound fx, but never seemed to be able to hit ESC and get the sound of being back aboard after the mission. I toggled back to Windows and did an "Close Window" on the game.  The bug/crash happened around 9 pm est last night. 

Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit

Intel Core2 Quad CPU 2.4GHz

8GB memore

NVIDIA GeForce GT 640