Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightmare Mode Has *got* To Be Optional.

TinyLesbianRobot

if a high-level mission that you barely make it through is put on Nightmare Mode for the day, then it effectively prevents you from farming there. This just happened to a friend of mine on Everest, and now he's incapable of getting the Neurodes he needs to build his Vasto.  It's not game-breaking, but it's a frustrating and unnecessary inconvenience.  Please add an option to toggle Nightmare Mode missions on or off.

Doesn't matter, I'm the friend he is talking about and when it's so hot that I'm sweating like a pig, I really don't have the patience and the tolerant state of mind to put up with what is the most idiotic decision I have ever seen made my DE so far. If Nightmare mode missions are clientside then it only makes sense that they should be optional because guess what? Not everybody gives a flying poo about nightmare mode and some people have farming to do and crap they need to get done. Right now I don't care about challenges because its too hot right now to even think about that. Oh and on top of that, who's bright idea was it to make vampire mode also drain energy.

I am sorry for sounding a bit harsh but I am really mad about this. Make this optional DE, please. We should have a choice if we want to do nightmare mode or not. I would love to do nightmare, on missions that I don't need to farm on and when it's not boiling hot in the summer right now. But today is not one of those days, I have stuff to do and I don't need my Saturday ruined by a lame technicality.

this is false as they rotate several times

IF RNG works, it doesn't.  I had the same issue on a mission I was farming for a BP, I did two of the four or five runs I do before going out for the day.  Then I went to do a third and it had changed to NM mode, 7 hours later after getting home and its still in NM and didn't change until the next day.

Yeah if future nightmare mutations are going be of this calibre, then it needs to be an optional mode.

I mean, unless it starts affecting drop rates for resources or BPs I'll gladly turn it off so I don't have to deal with no shields power drain high gravity when I try killing Hek to see if the 31st run will see me get a trinity chassis this time.

NM modes only come on when you clear all planets ina  system so your dlat out wrong to start with, then you have the option of farming any planet or doing something else till the mode switches.

why people are such whiney entitled little cry babies that need everything laid out easy for them all the time time is beyond me, 

Oh and on top of that, who's bright idea was it to make vampire mode also drain energy.

My thoughts exactly... As soon as the mission starts I lose all shields, health is slowly draining, energy drops are nearly useless because it's constantly draining also, then there's the so called "increased difficulty" kicking with enemies having increased health and damage almost one-shotting you everytime you're seen. I hate it with a burning passion and I hope they'll be quick about making it optional.

*suffering from heat as well*