Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing launcher needs to be easier to find.

Fleuria

So... you're in the middle of a battle, and you activate your archwing launcher. A nearly invisible tiny globe with a small energy thingy below it spawns and after a few seconds your archwing gear spawns there and if you move over to it, you can use it.

Meanwhile, you're being bombarded from 20 different sources (including air support) and dodging and you quickly lose track of it, so you spawn another. And, again... and... where was that thing?

Seems we should have an icon and/or a map indicator showing where that thingy was?

17 hours ago, Fleuria said:

So... you're in the middle of a battle, and you activate your archwing launcher. A nearly invisible tiny globe with a small energy thingy below it spawns and after a few seconds your archwing gear spawns there and if you move over to it, you can use it.

Meanwhile, you're being bombarded from 20 different sources (including air support) and dodging and you quickly lose track of it, so you spawn another. And, again... and... where was that thing?

Seems we should have an icon and/or a map indicator showing where that thingy was?

So you'r being bombed 360... And in PoE each missile/explosion are considered AW disabler... So why would you go AW where there this small window of vulnerability? 

Just now, 7thCreed said:

Aim your crosshair on the ground before using AW launcher. Better yet, find cover and call it down.

That sometimes works, and sometimes is not a viable option.

Is there a good reason for your launcher to be nearly invisible to you?

4 minutes ago, Fleuria said:

That sometimes works, and sometimes is not a viable option.

Is there a good reason for your launcher to be nearly invisible to you?

Well, to be honest, I can clearly see where the AW will drop... I never had to use another launcher because I lost track of the beacon. Not yet at least.

Just now, 7thCreed said:

Well, to be honest, I can clearly see where the AW will drop... I never had to use another launcher because I lost track of the beacon. Not yet at least.

Ok, so... I have some questions:

1. Do you use your archwing in combat situations? If so, how often?
  2. Do you use your archwing on high level bounty missions (for example to move to the next location)? If so, do you do that when there's still a dozen or so grineer left over?
  3. Do you use your archwing in terralyst fights?
  4. What energy color do you use for your warframe?
  5. What color scheme do you use for you archwing?
  6. Do you use the overlay map or the minimap?
  7. What are you display options like?

I think there are some tradeoffs here, but I also feel like I need to understand what you are really telling me.

(thanks)

2 minutes ago, Fleuria said:

Ok, so... I have some questions:

1. Do you use your archwing in combat situations? If so, how often?
  2. Do you use your archwing on high level bounty missions (for example to move to the next location)? If so, do you do that when there's still a dozen or so grineer left over?
  3. Do you use your archwing in terralyst fights?
  4. What energy color do you use for your warframe?
  5. What color scheme do you use for you archwing?
  6. Do you use the overlay map or the minimap?
  7. What are you display options like?

I think there are some tradeoffs here, but I also feel like I need to understand what you are really telling me.

(thanks)

1. Yes. Not so often. I usually use my AW when I have to make quick work of lvl 40+ Ogmas.

2. Yes. Although I wouldn't use it if the distance is below 500m. I use it even when a lot of enemies are still shooting at me. I have to watch out for their vrush rockets though since it's a special slow-moving projectile that can detach the AW from the warframe.

3. Yes, but only when I have to find it when it relocates in the map.

4. I use a different color from time to time, but they're bright and light colors.

5. Orange, Gold, Beige.

6. Just the minimap. I use overlay when I have to find lakes.

7. Just a default HUD setting if that's what you're asking.

There certainly are tradeoffs. AW is very useful in a huge map like the plains. It's not as fast and powerful like it is in vacuum environment, but it's got situational benefits.

For HUD, I meant low/medium/high/ultra type settings. I am wondering if that makes a difference.

So far, based on your answers, I think need to turn off the overlay map when I use archwing. (But I would still really appreciate some kind of indicator for if it's in front of me or behind me or whatever... )

But I am also wondering if I need to switch frames - molecular prime, for example, tends to blur the screen for a time.

Edited by Fleuria

i think the point is there are ways the enemy or the situation can make u lose track of u AW, but the main problem is you have nothing to help you find it again most of the time if u do lose track of it.

I had a few situation that end up the same as OP too myself, one involve calling an AW down for a squadmate, but after that he down, i go revive him and completely unable to find where it was. That one was really frustration because it was somewhere near a wisp, so we can't really search for it without scare it away. (was testing izalt with wisp)