The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn: What can she do that another can't do 10x better?

CactiIsraphe

3 hours ago, Valaska said:

lol a melee caster? Look I love Saryn, more than the next person. But no she's not.

Regen Molt won't save your behind the instant things get above level 40 and she needs an extreme amount of power mods to even remotely begin to scale with damage. The literal, only, good thing Saryn is for is standing at long, long, LONG fricken range and shooting things with a toxic weapon. Beyond 100 you begin to become a complete and utter liability, a waste of space in a team roster.

Though if you just stick around sub 40 content like I imagine you are with how you are talking... Then yes, she is very viable and can even outperform some frames in spreading damage and really messing up things day. But when the real game starts and you go into endless she is generally wasted space where a beserker frame would do 10x's better in the role.

When did I say anything about that augment? Life Strike works perfectly well on her. She (the Prime) has a good amount of armor and energy, and I disagree with you as far as the "beyond 100". Between just my Rhino and my clanmate's Saryn, we've gone 2+ hours dozens of times in void survival with no issues. 

For those of you that have been playing since before Damage 2.0, you'll remember that Saryn's best ability was Venom (now called Spores). Damage 2.0 saw formula changes and some tweaks that made her spores eventually stop spreading, because they had a tendency to crash the game due to the exponential stacking. Her current state has the spores spreading at a consistent rate. The initial/short term damage might not seem like much, but the damage will infinitely stack when built and played properly, including weapon choice. She has possibly the most mechanically and mathematically complex first ability in the game, and the amount of damage you can do with a single cast is insane. The problem is, it takes insanely high level enemies to get the most out of her damage, and the vast majority of the player base will never see enemy levels that high. She can easily outkill any frame, even when just using an Ignis not even built strictly for damage.

I've done extensive testing with her and various weapon combinations. Between the standard frame and the prime, I have 245 hours. 18.2% of my time played has been with Saryn, going all the way back to Update 7. 

Here's a link to another thread regarding another player who has done some pretty extreme tests to show just how much damage she can do (maelstromm15): 

Her spores may bug out sometimes, but it's almost never an issue due to them constantly being popped. Unless you run out of enemies. I disagree with what they did with Contagion. I feel the ability should have gone away completely, as I don't think anybody ever thought of Saryn as a melee-focused frame, despite what she can do in her current state with Condition Overload. Her ultimate could have been something greater as well, not necessarily in terms of damage, just something more significant than a short-term stun.

48 minutes ago, ABipolrMandingo said:

Her spores may bug out sometimes, but it's almost never an issue due to them constantly being popped. Unless you run out of enemies. I disagree with what they did with Contagion. I feel the ability should have gone away completely, as I don't think anybody ever thought of Saryn as a melee-focused frame, despite what she can do in her current state with Condition Overload. Her ultimate could have been something greater as well, not necessarily in terms of damage, just something more significant than a short-term stun.

Them bugging out 10/10 times and creating "faulty" spores is not something i would call sometimes. And although slightly more uncommon you can create even worse spores from those bad spore. At this moment i think my Average spore damage is somewhere between 5 - 15 damage @ 200% Power strength, so much for carrying over toxic damage right, nothing better than dealing zero or close to zero damage on a large amount of foes.

Now i agree with you that when spore work, they are wonderful. But therein lies the problem they currently do not work and it is pretty much a wildcard. And i know Saryn can work wonders with Condition Overload. But that is hardly a reason for her kit to be as buggy as it is.

Seeing as I've played Saryn Prime... 51.8% of my time in this game, and Saryn 3% or so (not booted up right now but I checked SP abit ago) I can honestly say that spores are not working well. They are extremely unreliable and they need some sort of stacking debuff on enemies or exponentially added damage which spreads in order to deal with 50+. Make the spores brighter or BIGGER in order to denote that they are becoming more and more amped up. There's no need to do have the old style enemies literally walking around as giant walking pus sacks...

There's other visual ways to represent what we had just abit ago.